CFA Kickoff Against Louisville for 2023

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Ugh. There are a lot of opponents (even ACC opponents) that I’d rather play in that situation than Louisville.

Clemson and ND would sell some tickets, and VPI or FSU probably would, too. I wonder if the Louisville fans will come. I guess they’re somewhere in the middle of the pack in terms of rabidness?

JRjr

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
GT fans should fill the place unless we on COVID 22 or something.
Realistically we don’t have enough fans to fill our own stadium, let alone M-B (with all the added hassle, expense, and scary downtown location). I’d like us to sell it out, but we’ll probably be dependent on opposing fans to pick up the slack and make us some extra revenue versus playing at BDS.

(Is this one of those “GT home game at M-B” games, or a 50/50 neutral game?)

JRjr

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
Ugh. There are a lot of opponents (even ACC opponents) that I’d rather play in that situation than Louisville.

Clemson and ND would sell some tickets, and VPI or FSU probably would, too. I wonder if the Louisville fans will come. I guess they’re somewhere in the middle of the pack in terms of rabidness?

JRjr
The halftime show will be a basketball game, they'll come in busloads.

The Jacket

The Coat
Did they set out with the intention of scheduling the most boring imaginable matchup for us? People are already changing the channel.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I appreciate the invitation and all but can't we get an exciting out-of-conference opponent like USCw, Texas, Michigan, etc.

The Jacket

The Coat
I appreciate the invitation and all but can't we get an exciting out-of-conference opponent like USCw, Texas, Michigan, etc.
For years, the implication was made that higher profile schools didnt want to play us because our offense was built on vicious and violent chop blocking. But now that we've stopped collecting kneecaps as trophies, we get a conference basketball game to start a season. The ACC garbage brehs.

The Jacket

The Coat
(Is this one of those “GT home game at M-B” games, or a 50/50 neutral game?
Surely it's the latter. If this were to somehow count as one of our home games, someone, somewhere is really bad at their job.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Surely it's the latter. If this were to somehow count as one of our home games, someone, somewhere is really bad at their job.
Louisville was already a scheduled 2023 home game. It’s not an extra add-on. And if you’re going to give away a home game once per season to MBS, which they are for 6 years, an opener isn’t the worst way to go. Same with the 2022 Clemson opener.

The Jacket

The Coat
Louisville was already a scheduled 2023 home game. It’s not an extra add-on. And if you’re going to give away a home game once per season to MBS, which they are for 6 years, an opener isn’t the worst way to go. Same with the 2022 Clemson opener.
I guess I thought the CFA game would be considered neutral regardless.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
September noon games burn the legs.

georgiatech22

Dodd-Like
This would be the perfect opportunity to renew our long rivalry with Auburn. Easy drive for both fanbases and with Auburn having a new coaching staff, they could be in for a couple of rebuilding years. Perfect opportunity to get a marquee win against one of our oldest rivals.

The Jacket

The Coat
This would be the perfect opportunity to renew our long rivalry with Auburn. Easy drive for both fanbases and with Auburn having a new coaching staff, they could be in for a couple of rebuilding years. Perfect opportunity to get a marquee win against one of our oldest rivals.
And we'd finally get to see that game they backed out of. The last series with them was supposed to be three games instead of two, including one at the Georgia Dome. But Auburn backed out of that. The year they dodged us, they went undefeated. An incredible season sandwiched between two which began with brutal beatdowns at our hands.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
And we'd finally get to see that game they backed out of. The last series with them was supposed to be three games instead of two, including one at the Georgia Dome. But Auburn backed out of that. The year they dodged us, they went undefeated. An incredible season sandwiched between two which began with brutal beatdowns at our hands.
Joe Anoai body slams in the 05’ opener was amazeballs

The Jacket

The Coat
Joe Anoai body slams in the 05’ opener was amazeballs
I was trying to find a video of it but this will have to do. This was like the five point palm exploding heart technique, and when Brandon Cox dies in old age, it will be the direct result of this hit.