CFN rates GT's coaching the same as Fresno's

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
CFN rates GT\'s coaching the same as Fresno\'s

Yes, friends, the College Football News thinks no more of the Tech coaching staff than they do of Fresno St's. GULP! Just one of the many interesting tidbits I found in this article on the Silicon Valley Bowl. They also rate our Special Teams the same & think less of our QB than they do of the RFr QB for the Bulldogs.
The Yellow Jackets finished 93rd in the country in scoring offense, out of 112, I believe. Pretty pathetic. We move the ball well, picking up yardage, but just can't get in the endzone. Hard to swallow after the Friedgen years. Enjoy.

College Football News on the Yellow Jackets

Re: CFN rates GT\'s coaching the same as Fresno\'s

Your comments are a little misleading on the coaching staff's IMO Ace. They gave both staffs 4 on a 5 point scale. What that says to me is that both are above average, but neither is outstanding. I'd say that's a fair assessment at this point. We can hope that Tech's staff grows into a 5 but for a totally new staff (not one where a HC brought most of his people and filled in) after 1 year that's not bad. It also says Fresno State's is pretty good as well.

It also means in their view coaching is the strong point for both teams. The only score we got higher than 4 was our receiving corps. Therefore our coaches are better than our players at every other position.

I agree on the scoring. We haven't been able to run the ball when we need to since Tony went down and that makes it harder to get into the end zone IMO.

The Chronological listing of Tech's Bowl games is a real neat package.
Did u know there was a Raisin Bowl? Mercy Bowl? California Bowl? There were 5 Raisin Bowls & Fresno played in the 1st one in '46. There was one Mercy Bowl in '61 with Fresno, again, doing the honors. There were about 10 California Bowls & the Bulldogs were in several of them. There are some really neat things in this article.

Cool that is awesome.Thanks for the info GT Ace.

Go Jackets!!!
smile.gif

Originally posted by GT Ace:

Did u know there was a Raisin Bowl? Mercy Bowl? California Bowl?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">my personal favorite: The Cigar Bowl. Flor.St. beat Wofford 19-6 in the 1950 Cigar Bowl.

The Sporting News bowl edition had the SV bowl as "the bowl to miss".To show what they know ,they predicted that Nebraska/Miss game may be the biggest blow-out for Neb (and they LOST!).Missed on the Clemson blow-out.
They have predicted us winning because of Clinkscales' running.Boy,are they up on top of the situation.

Back