CG is high on CARTER!

law_bee

Dodd-Like
the chatanooga club speech is not first mention of Carter being the odds on favorite.

My question how can you rate a QB who has not even graduated H.S.?

Well for whatever reason it looks like this guy is the QB of the future for the yellow jackets.

Question for anyone at the Chattanooga speech last night (Was suppose to be there but got called to work). Did Gailey mention anything about the future of Hollings, Hargroves, etc. I am hoping they will pursue the avenues available to them so that they can come back to school next year.

Ive heard the same from several coaches. I hope Ball gets a good chance though. That kid plays smart and is a true leader.

Don't read too much into that comment.

I was at the meeting, and his comments were much lengthier than what was reported. He was high on Carter, but he did mention Ball as well. He said that they both look good, but do they have that "magic" quality that will allow them to lead the team as freshmen? It's a rare quality, and impossible to gauge until they get on campus in August.

At least that's how I remember his comments. The bar was open before the meeting, y'know.
drinking.gif

That's exciting. What with Reggie Ball, who definitely wants to play QB and is probably a little more in the JoeHam mold than Carter, in the mix and driving the competition it looks like something good is on the horizon.

These factors most likely had a lot to do with Pena's departure, IMO. He had signed well before the others, became sort of an odd man and had lots of interest out West where he can probably play.

Can't wait to see what happens!

Back