CGC ahead of schedule on making history

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
With someone else’s players in a totally different scheme. His only legit recruiting class just arrived on campus.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
With someone else’s players in a totally different scheme. His only legit recruiting class just arrived on campus.
He was hired on December 7, 2018. National signing day was two months later, in February. If he wasn't recruiting for those two months, maybe they shouldn't have bothered hiring him until March and saved a million dollars or so.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
He was hired on December 7, 2018. National signing day was two months later, in February. If he wasn't recruiting for those two months, maybe they shouldn't have bothered hiring him until March and saved a million dollars or so.
Huh? The vast majority of recruits sign in December, not February. He set about flipping two major prospects. One was Jamious Griffin who signed with us, and the other was Kenyatta Watson who is now transferring here. Try to make some sense.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
You do realize that recruiting starts in about 7th grade these days. Even if Collins gets canned in a few years the one thing he has done for any future GT coach is to make GT an actual school to consider for high school players. I loved Johnson and enjoyed his brand of football, but he never countered the UGA media machine in this state and that narrative killed our recruiting. I’ve said many times, I’m somewhat locked in regarding high school football in South Georgia and players who never would have given GT a look under Johnson are now interested. And very few coaches down here ever pushed players to GT unless it was a kid who wasn’t getting offers at other P5 schools or not getting looks at particular position. Point being, Collins deserves time to see his recruiting efforts either succeed or fail.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I saw elsewhere that Tech has lost by 40+ 18 times in over 100 years of football. CGC owns three of those in a season and a half. Gailey had 2, the guy in 1993 had 1.

JRjr

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
I was thinking of that game as well. But the main difference being...it was in the freaking orange bowl after Clemson barely lost the ACC.

Old-Fashioned UGA Hater

Varsity Lurker
Yeah that was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I think you need to eat at the little kids table from here on out.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Yeah that was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I think you need to eat at the little kids table from here on out.
Not as dumb as this gem from you:

"The Jackets take advantage of a rusty UCF team and the first half at least is rather low scoring. Tech is able is win the turnover battle 3 - 2 and the defense holds a late surge from the Knights to win 27 -24."

You don't even rate the little kids table. You get the high chair and the Gerber.

Old-Fashioned UGA Hater

Varsity Lurker
Not as dumb as this gem from you:

"The Jackets take advantage of a rusty UCF team and the first half at least is rather low scoring. Tech is able is win the turnover battle 3 - 2 and the defense holds a late surge from the Knights to win 27 -24."

You don't even rate the little kids table. You get the high chair and the Gerbers.
Oh wow, fished out a post from a prediction thread. You sound like a child. Sweet melt though.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
Hey, remember when CPJ was still coaching for us and everyone, including many on this board, always said that if we ever change the offense that the transition would be horrible and that we'd be lucky to win more than a couple games for at least 3 seasons and that someone would have to be crazy to take the job? I remember. Today's Clemson team was always going to name their score against us. They had been most recent years anyways. That we pulled out a couple wins here or there over that stretch was a miracle in and of itself. Worst case scenario, we're upgrading the talent for the next coach to complete the transition. I just hope we aren't GSU level ruined as a program and destined to spend a couple decades see sawing our way away from an offensive system.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Hey, remember when CPJ was still coaching for us and everyone, including many on this board, always said that if we ever change the offense that the transition would be horrible and that we'd be lucky to win more than a couple games for at least 3 seasons and that someone would have to be crazy to take the job? I remember. Today's Clemson team was always going to name their score against us. They had been most recent years anyways. That we pulled out a couple wins here or there over that stretch was a miracle in and of itself. Worst case scenario, we're upgrading the talent for the next coach to complete the transition. I just hope we aren't GSU level ruined as a program and destined to spend a couple decades see sawing our way away from an offensive system.
I think a lot of us were in denial that CPJ was MacGyver'ing us to 5-7 wins at the end with a cratered program under the surface. He was clearly tired of it enough to walk away. No quick fix but we have some nice pieces and a Tech connected guy who really wants the job and really wants to make it work. Still every chance for 2 or 3 more wins and a positive outlook going into next year