CGC guest host on 680 from 8-9am

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
CGC has brought a tsunami of swagger with him to Atlanta.

This öööö is awesome.

interchange

Jolly Good Fellow
Some comments on 680's/Sandra Golden's twitter pages...

We've talked about sidewalk fans and our struggle to pick them up, but it seems to me that's been more imagining folks who aren't already college sports fans/alums of major D1 universities. There are a LOT of those folks in Atlanta, also raising kids. Turning them into secondary Tech fans or converting them would be huge. Getting them to a local game and wearing white and gold to support us because traveling to Michigan for example is impractical would be huge.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
We've talked about sidewalk fans and our struggle to pick them up, but it seems to me that's been more imagining folks who aren't already college sports fans/alums of major D1 universities. There are a LOT of those folks in Atlanta, also raising kids. Turning them into secondary Tech fans or converting them would be huge. Getting them to a local game and wearing white and gold to support us because traveling to Michigan for example is impractical would be huge.
Atlanta should be a hotbed of sidewalk fans. Whether GT is their "Second" or not doesn't matter to me, as long as they are butts in seats and cheering for the Jackets. Atlanta is a business epicenter, and people from all over the country live here. Why not turn the transplants into secondary GT fans?

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Yeah, one productive goal is being the second favorite team of every transplant in this state. It shouldnt be hard because dwag fans are obnoxious rednecks which most transplants want nothing to do with.

odw

Jolly Good Fellow
This times a million. People want to pull for the home team. From what I can tell the staff is doing all the right things to embrace the city. Because such a large percentage of people in Atlanta aren't from any in the south even, they don't have strong ties to any of the teams. I have a few neighbors from all parts of the country and globe. They all have the same story. Came to the city, didn't have a team, loosely support Georgia because... it's basically the default option. All have said they'd love to check out a Tech game with me. There are SOOO many people in Atlanta that we can win over if we keep doing what we're doing. I'm excited.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Atlanta should be a hotbed of sidewalk fans. Whether GT is their "Second" or not doesn't matter to me, as long as they are butts in seats and cheering for the Jackets. Atlanta is a business epicenter, and people from all over the country live here. Why not turn the transplants into secondary GT fans?
In particular, there are plenty of non-uga SEC fans around town. I have always found Auburn fans, UT fans, UF fans to be sympathetic to GT to begin with because of tradition and shared hatred. If we put out a good product, I could see them paying more attention. Those whose # 1 schools are even farther away could be good gets too.

Last edited:

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
Humble brag, since CGC designed their recruiting methology of the era
If , and when, Collins elevates the Tech program into a perennial contender and an occasional conference champion, he will have his choice of any job in the country.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
The key to this, in the blink of an eye, is CGC establishing the whole ATL/404 pride thing. The Cesspool has been marketing themselves as Atlanta's college team, but they are not. GSU, KSU, et al have been trying, but CGC has sed, "We ain't playing. P5. ATL. Get on board."

It took a little effort, a little saavy, and a little luck that the Dwags are are a bunch of inbred racists that you can tell from a mile away.

Last coach before CGC who went to King Center, which promoted both race relations and "you can only do this in ATL?" I dunno. If they did, they didn't tell anyone. CGC took his whole staff on MLK Day, and posted it so that the athletes and influencers saw it. And so on. And so on.

It really isn't hard, and it really isn't brain surgery. Why have we not been doing it (this example, and many more) before?

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
One day we will find out if everything he said about being in the ATL is true
If that day happens, we will be able to pay our coach and staff whatever he could get elsewhere and he wouldn't have to live in Norman, Tuscaloosa, or Lincoln....Atlanta is a destination city. Start selling out and revenue goes up across the board. Donations go up accordingly.

Btw, and I had forgotten about this, but wasn't there rumblings about doing something in the south endzone? Obviously not this season, but I seem to remember wanting to change things up.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
Finneran's voice makes Mark Lemke sound like Vin Scully ..