CGC naysayers check in

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
You are trying way too hard. Not sure why you thought we would all get together and come up with a consensus on what the amount of time should be. We all have our own opinions. My opinion is you won’t be posting on this board after this season.

Sure hope it NEVER comes to that. I’m hoping hard that YOU are able to turn the corner and eventually make better posts than we’ve seen so far here.
Realize they're a flailing troll desperately grasping for any attention whatsoever.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
So disappointing to me that so many Tech grads cannot answer a simple question that required only a simple numerical value.

So many different numbers of years in your post . . . two years, "year 1," 5 years of safety . . .

Here, maybe I should give an answer, so all of you IM majors can see how it's done . . .

For me, the expiration date of grace is two full years, End of 2021 season.

At that point, if this team still looks like a goat rodeo and is getting housed 73-7, losing to teams like The Citadel, losing season, etc., then there will be no excuses for me.

I realize he would not be fired. But that sure as hell doesn't mean I should patiently have to hold my tongue about it, or not blast TStan for botching the hire with which we would probably be saddled for a couple of more years.

Sure hope it NEVER comes to that, either. I am hoping hard that CGC is able to turn a corner and eventually get better results than we've seen so far here - or frankly, than he produced at Temple. Don't need to be seeing people here trying to keep spraying him with Teflon in 2022, 2023 . . . 2025.

Hopefully, I won't either.

Go CGC.
Preseason anonymous quotes from ACC coaches basically said our talent was the worst of any P5 team. Our recruiting rankings under Paul Johnson supported those statements. And you want results after 2 years? That’s not realistic.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Preseason anonymous quotes from ACC coaches basically said our talent was the worst of any P5 team. Our recruiting rankings under Paul Johnson supported those statements. And you want results after 2 years? That’s not realistic.
“They will most likely end up being a better team with the same record.”

Another coach in the ACC said that. They might know more about football than us.

The Jacket

The Coat
You come here to comment on a post I made NINE DAYS ago? Stalker, or moron?
This is only weird if you treat this place like a subreddit instead of a bulletin board. And if we ever become a subreddit I'll kill every last one of you.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
“They will most likely end up being a better team with the same record.”

Another coach in the ACC said that. They might know more about football than us.
I’ll guarantee the person that said that is a coach from one of the weak North Carolina teams that wishes he could coach for us.

GT will be back.

Are we going to be Bama in the next 2 years? No. But we will be competing for ACC Championships again—soon. And the loser that said that will still be an assistant coach at a weak North Carolina program like Wake, Duke, UNC or NCST. All those programs suck at football.