Check out the updated ACC Coastal standings

IM79

Flats Noob
How many of you would have taken a 1-1 conf record after the month of Sept?

LaFlavor

Flats Noob
1-1 with a last second goal line stand loss to Clempsun would have sounded fantastic to me coming into the season.

Now, in retrospect, Clem's son is starting to look like a missed opportunity. Which isn't something I mean in a negative way. I think it's a testament to how much more positive I feel about the team compared to even how I felt post week 1, let alone heading into the season. I've gone from just not wanting to be embarrassed to feeling like we had a real shot at winning that game in a few weeks time. That's a positive for the team overall.

Vespinae

Unbelievable, effort-based commenter
1-1 with a last second goal line stand loss to Clempsun would have sounded fantastic to me coming into the season.

Now, in retrospect, Clem's son is starting to look like a missed opportunity. Which isn't something I mean in a negative way. I think it's a testament to how much more positive I feel about the team compared to even how I felt post week 1, let alone heading into the season. I've gone from just not wanting to be embarrassed to feeling like we had a real shot at winning that game in a few weeks time. That's a positive for the team overall.
I think there's something to be said about playing the way we did at Clemson when we did. They were ranked #6 I think, and they had every expectation to dominate that game and the rest of their schedule. I'm expecting Clemson to at least be pushed by BC tomorrow and continue to lose ground in the rankings. If our game against them was later in the year, I think we would have beaten them. Still, it was a great game to build off of going forward no matter how Clemson ends up by the end of the year.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Do we get in the playoffs in this weird season if we win out? That would include a victory over UGAg, despite them hopefully entering the game with a .500 record.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
A month ago, absolutely. Now? Yeah probably still would. But knowing things now it kind of sucks we got Clemson when we did. If we played them this week without Bresee, Davis, and Skalski then we have a lot more success running the ball and probably beat them. Feels like I’m in an alternate universe just typing that.

We’re a couple plays away from being 4-0 and Top 10 right now. Not that I think we’re that good, not holy hell the hype around the program would be the highest in three decades.

Last edited:

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
Do we get in the playoffs in this weird season if we win out? That would include a victory over UGAg, despite them hopefully entering the game with a .500 record.
Most likely. That would include wins over top ten ND, Ugag, and the ACCCG.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
It would be difficult to keep us out but it could be done. It would depend on what happens with OK, Oregon, and Iowa/PSU. IF all are undefeated we are out. If not we are possibly in. In addition some more ACC over SEC wins that final weekend would likely be necessary.

Committee may take Sims injury into account for NIU and Clemson losses. It would certainly be interesting.

Last edited:

IM79

Flats Noob
If we played them this week without Bresee, Davis, and Skalski then we have a lot more success running the ball and probably beat them. Feels like I’m in an alternate universe just typing that.

We’re a couple plays away from being 4-0 and Top 10 right now. Not that I think we’re that good, not holy hell the hype around the program would be the highest in three decades.
I think we might have beat Clemson that week if only we had Sims available to play that day.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Most likely. That would include wins over top ten ND, Ugag, and the ACCCG.
A team that begins the season unranked, then loses a game to a MAC team, then loses again, and plays in a weak conference to boot, is not going to the CFP no matter what. They’ll find some two loss Big Ten or SEC team ahead of that.

But in this dream hypothetical we would finish Top 10 and have lots of returning players for next year.

Vespinae

I don't see another loss for Pitt on their schedule, let alone 3 losses, so we are probably out of contention for the Coastal at this point. We still could get to a very good bowl if we beat the rest of our ACC opponents.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
Come on man, don’t fall for it. Pitt is not that good. You have to remember we make teams look waaaaay better than they are. Other teams have coaches who will watch tape and won’t let Pitt do whatever they want. Narduzzi is not that smart but he’s definitely Collins daddy.

Vespinae

Come on man, don’t fall for it. Pitt is not that good. You have to remember we make teams look waaaaay better than they are. Other teams have coaches who will watch tape and won’t let Pitt do whatever they want. Narduzzi is not that smart but he’s definitely Collins daddy.
Who on their schedule has looked as good as them? VT might be their only loss from here on out. Pitt has tons of experienced players and good talent.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Who on their schedule has looked as good as them? VT might be their only loss from here on out. Pitt has tons of experienced players and good talent.

We boat raced UNC. Pitt boat raced us. The Coastal circle of suck is increasing in intensity. Expect, blowout losses for inexplicable reasons to increase in frequency, probably due to global warming.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Looks VPI had two QBs hurt on Saturday and announced today that D’Eriq King will have season-ending surgery. Toss in BCs and uga’s QBs already being hurt too.

VPI especially in trouble now as theyre #1 and #3 options last year both transferred out. Trending towards that Maryland situation a few years ago where they had a LB starting under center running wildcat the whole game. Likely down to a frosh Knox who threw a pick 6 to Richmond in his first series this season.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
Looks VPI had two QBs hurt on Saturday and announced today that D’Eriq King will have season-ending surgery. Toss in BCs and uga’s QBs already being hurt too.

VPI especially in trouble now as theyre #1 and #3 options last year both transferred out. Trending towards that Maryland situation a few years ago where they had a LB starting under center running wildcat the whole game. Likely down to a frosh Knox who threw a pick 6 to Richmond in his first series this season.
The King news is also really big, cause from what I've seen and heard, Miami's OL is a lot more like UNC's than anyone else's.