Check out the updated ACC Coastal standings

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
They are FBS dummby
Dunno why people keep screwing that up. They were the Coastal Carolina or UCF of college football a few years back. Not that we should have lost to their current incarnation, but no need to make it sound even worse.

mookie43

Helluva Engineer
The only way we can win the Coastal is if Pitt has three conference losses…….and we don’t lose anymore in conference. I wouldn’t be making those reservations for Charlotte just yet

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I love Georgia Tech. But that is simply an absolutely awful football conference. No doubt that hurts our recruiting. Leaving the SEC was the first big mistake. Not joining up with The Big 10 is another.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
The only way we can win the Coastal is if Pitt has three conference losses…….and we don’t lose anymore in conference. I wouldn’t be making those reservations for Charlotte just yet
Nobody is making reservations. Pitt's conference record is currently 1-0, so 3 losses is not unimaginable. I think Clemson, for one, will play them tough.

Vespinae

Unbelievable, effort-based commenter
Nobody is making reservations. Pitt's conference record is currently 1-0, so 3 losses is not unimaginable. I think Clemson, for one, will play them tough.
That, and VT is probably the next best team left for them. If VT can beat Pitt, then Clemson, then maybe Syracuse at the end of the year. And we will need to win our last 4 ACC games.

Vespinae

If we can do that, the season is a success, and we go bowling. I won’t even care about the ACCCG (I say that now but know I’m just lying to myself).
The good thing is, the rest of our ACC schedule should be good games, or we at least shouldn't be widely outmatched.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
The good thing is, the rest of our ACC schedule should be good games, or we at least shouldn't be widely outmatched.
VT is the only one I would think of as a wild card. On paper we're even at worst but I feel like they hate us so I would not be surprised by something weird.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
The Va Tech and Virginia games are pretty much the big ones ahead.
Who knows what Miami will have or will be when we see them. We are 2-2 but can ill afford another loss. BC is looking like a good chance at a win and Miami minus King could be too.
But our D vs Virginia's offense and our O vs. Va Tech's D have me worried.

Taking another look at what North Carolina has ahead, they might be a 5-7 team when it's said and done. And they were the odds on favorites to win this thing. Then again, so was Clemson on the other side.

johncu

Dodd-Like
It’s pretty unlikely at this point, given our performance vs. Pitt, but it’s certainly mathematically possible. As long as there’s a chance, I’ll be pulling for things to fall into place so that we at least control our own destiny. And with Clemson being vulnerable this year, an ACC title is still up for grabs.

Like I said, unlikely… but who knows?

ramblinwreckguru

Varsity Lurker
Not necessarily.

Should we win out and VT knocks off Pitt this weekend, GT, Pitt, and VT can still finish 6-2 in a 3 way tie where none of the 3 would have the head to head tie-breaker. Not sure how the down stream tie-breakers would work, but I imagine it would come down to who the 2nd loss for each team was.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
Not necessarily.

Should we win out and VT knocks off Pitt this weekend, GT, Pitt, and VT can still finish 6-2 in a 3 way tie where none of the 3 would have the head to head tie-breaker. Not sure how the down stream tie-breakers would work, but I imagine it would come down to who the 2nd loss for each team was.
I believe the next criteria is record against coastal division opponents.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
If the second loss for both us and Pitt is Clemson, that could make things really interesting.
It is better for us for Pitt to have 2 coastal losses. The more similar our conference record, the more the head-to-head matters.

BuzzinWreck78

Helluva Engineer
at this point in season who wouldda guessed?
clemson,NC,VT,Miami have 10 losses
WF,BC,SYR,Duke have 16 wins

Vespinae

14th ranked 1 loss ND is overrated?
Their best win is over a now 2-3 Wisconson team (ranked #18 when they played). 3 of ND's wins are by 3 points (F$U, Toledo, vipsu). They haven't really showed that they're superstars so far.