CJ w/ a few new tats...out to support former team...

ramblin_man

Jolly Good Fellow
Nice to see Calvin out at Pro Day @ GT supporting former team members...Looks like he's gotten a few new tats over the course of his Rookie year in the league...Sorta surprises me didn't know/think he would be the type to get inked...Not saying it makes him a "bad person" just didn't see it coming...What a brillant talent....The man can play!
slide2_463318_choice.0314-6.jpg

He comes from a loving family which possibly kept him "naive" and young for a longer time than most. Maybe he's out spreading his wings now. I'm not a fan of the ink, as it's somewhat permanent, but as a parent you learn that individual styling is the least of your worries. I, like you, still thinks he's a good guy.

Not a big ink guy myself, but that looks pretty badass to me. At least CJ got something artistic and not the kind of crap that AI and Larry Hughes are sportin.

Artistic? How can you judge artistic for another person?

You don't have to tear down others to support CJ. Just say you like it.

I don't see what the big problem is with inkwork. I work in Finance and I would be strategically covered in ink if my physique would support it.

Artistic? How can you judge artistic for another person?

You don't have to tear down others to support CJ. Just say you like it.
Cry much? Here's how I'm judging it. If it looks like something I drew on my desk while trying to pass the time in middle school then it's not artistic.

Cry much? Here's how I'm judging it. If it looks like something I drew on my desk while trying to pass the time in middle school then it's not artistic.
Never.

Do you think people say, "Let me think of something ugly/unartistic/meaningless and permanently attack it to my body."? I don't think so.

AI... He is the reason all these guys are tatted now anyway.

Do you think people say, "Let me think of something ugly/unartistic/meaningless and permanently attack it to my body."? I don't think so.

I think people say, "Dude, I am so F-ed up. A tatoo would be so f-ing cool!"

A tatoo of Calvin peeing on something is:
A. meaningful
B. attractive
C. artistic.
D. idiotic

Now my tatoo of a guy getting a tatoo, of a guy getting a tatoo, of a guy getting a tatoo of boobs ... that is cool.

Do you think people say, "Let me think of something ugly/unartistic/meaningless and permanently attack it to my body."?

Based on some of the work I've seen, I don't believe "think" was a big part of the decision. There are even people getting tattoos in the privacy of their parents garage these days, just to show their 'independence' by following the crowd. Most tats today are worn by lemmings.

Speaking of tatoos, should I be concered about my wife's new blackwidow tatoo?

As for tattoos, I'll say this - the best philosophy to have is to get a tattoo that is pretty much meaningless, as getting something full of meaning now will mean absolutely crap 5 years later. That said, I'm extremely proud of the angel and devil Homer Simpson I have sitting on my back shoulders. I always considered getting a forbidden donut in the middle, to signify man's eternal struggle, but as I said, I prefer meaningless...

As for CJ's, they're not bad. Not my style, but if you're gonna be the World's Greatest Receiver, as he is, you better look good doing it.

Back