Clarification for Coach Gailey....

Driver8

Varsity Lurker
Just got back from Durham and caught Gailey's post-game comments in the AUC. Understand this CG,....were exactly where we were some 12 weeks ago....the very bottom. We go 1-1 against Duke and Vandy,....needing OT for the victory and having our head handed to us in the loss......that's as bad as it can get. No,..."everybody in the world" is not responsible for putting us in this sorry state...you are. Saturday's effort was pathetic,....we weren't ready to play and that's squarely on you as the head coach. You don't think the few top-level recruits like are Miller and Johnson didn't cross us off their lists around 5:00 PM yesterday,...you darn right they did. And one more thing,....when they're sending the house,....how about putting the kid in the shotgun to give him more time to look down field.

I can see it now,....we'll back into a trip to Boise and get a big L hung on us on that stupid blue field.....that'll do recruiting a world of good.

You Gailey apologists/academic chest-thumpers have at it,.....ya'll are just as bad as the ugag fans.

GATA JACKETS!!!

Originally posted by Driver8:
Just got back from Durham and caught Gailey's post-game comments in the AUC. Understand this CG,....were exactly where we were some 12 weeks ago....the very bottom. We go 1-1 against Duke and Vandy,....needing OT for the victory and having our head handed to us in the loss......that's as bad as it can get. No,..."everybody in the world" is not responsible for putting us in this sorry state...you are. Saturday's effort was pathetic,....we weren't ready to play and that's squarely on you as the head coach. You don't think the few top-level recruits like are Miller and Johnson didn't cross us off their lists around 5:00 PM yesterday,...you darn right they did. And one more thing,....when they're sending the house,....how about putting the kid in the shotgun to give him more time to look down field.

I can see it now,....we'll back into a trip to Boise and get a big L hung on us on that stupid blue field.....that'll do recruiting a world of good.

You Gailey apologists/academic chest-thumpers have at it,.....ya'll are just as bad as the ugag fans.

GATA JACKETS!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">One correction - we will not "back into a trip to Boise." If you haven't noticed, we have the most inconsistent team in the country. Take it to the bank, we will beat either UVA or UGA.

Yesterday was just pathetic. We got blown out by one of the worst teams in college football. That's just awesome.

Originally posted by Driver8:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Since when does UGAg have any academics ??? That's a party and drinking school! Sounds like you need to be supporting Oklahoma, since you obviously don't understand the "real role" of a university. Let me give you a hint... "It's not football".

Buzz Bomb

Originally posted by Buzz Bomb:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Driver8:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Since when does UGAg have any academics ??? Sounds like you need to be supporting Oklahoma.

Buzz Bomb
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Your post doesn't deserve a response,...but I'm to pissed about Saturday to let it go......I've been a Tech fan since '74 and will be one long after this nightmare ends. Some us understand what college football means here in the South......could care less who you pull for or what you think about our program.

GATA JACKETS!!!!

Get pissed all you want junior. Who cares??? The primary role of Tech is "not" to be a football development factory for the pros. I think Gailey understands this concept well. With your 'Football Is All' attitude, you sound more like UGAg than any of the rest of us.

BuzzB

Totally agree with Buzz Bomb. Having been an avid (fanatical) Techfan from 1965 forward I know full well what it means to be GT.

TECH's success and it's tradition has always been based on integrity and character from the word "GO". That is how we recruit, that is how we coach and that is how we win. No shortcuts at TECH. And we have a history of being pretty damn good at it!

The path of least resistance is foreign at TECH.

Go root for the dawgs and to hell with ye.

Originally posted by gnats67:

TECH's success and it's tradition has always been based on integrity and character from the word "GO". That is how we recruit, that is how we coach and that is how we win. No shortcuts at TECH. And we have a history of being pretty damn good at it!

The path of least resistance is foreign at TECH.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Which is exactly why a Tech man would not make excuses for what happened, congratulate Duke for a game well played and move on to the next game with the 'lessons learned'.

Trust me... I've personally see the UGAg crowd after a Dawg loss. Some of them lock themselves in their RV and don't come out the rest of the weekend. They sit around licking their wounds for the next week... analyzing what 'could-a, should-a, might-a been', had Richt just zigged when he should have zagged. Looks like we have some of the same mentalities in our own little corner of paradise.

Congrats Dude... you played well and you beat us fair and square.

Back