Clempsun Game- Questions Part II......

2ndgenjacket

Varsity Lurker
7. Will our offense be effective against Clemzun's D? I'll leave this to all the internet experts cause I don't have a clue. I know they have two pretty good DEs but should be about the same as NCSU. They have been burned on some big plays trying to change their D this year to more of a zone coverage- here's hoping Reggie can spot one of those blown coverages and take advantage. I'd love to see J Johnson get some well thrown balls if they double Calvin all day. I'd take 150 yds out of PJ/TC-just win.

8. Intangibles- I believe Clem&son players believe they have played the toughest part of their schedule and are poised to make a late season run like their last 2 years-and why not, they may be right. Many of their players are from Ga including the biggest playmakers (Whitehurst, Stuckey and Davis) and they want big games in their home state. Emotions and adrenaline will be high at the beginning of the game and Clemmons will not lack confidence.
If they get out to a 10 point lead, it could be trouble.

9. Intangibles, Part 2: Tech must take that emotion out of them early- we need the team that opened up at Auburn on the opening scoring drive to show up on our first offensive possession of this game. We need the D that doesn't have a letup and creates turnovers. Our QB needs to be confident with a swagger, but under control. Emotion and adrenaline is a great thing but left unchecked it can hurt you-similar to a tour golfer that makes a last round critical birdie and then blows his next shot 10 yds over the green even though the club selection seemed right.

The first TD pass to Calvin in the Auburn game was perfect-outside shoulder, in stride all things our QB is criticized for. When Reggie is on, he is a very good college QB- we need him to win this game. If he is too emotional, the Coach should recognize this, bring TB in for a series (even if just to hand off to PJ) and settle Reggie down. We can not afford another NC state 1st half-we need the Auburn game Reggie.

10. Intangibles, Part 3: Who can forget last year and the "We're not just another place". This could have been Chan's best moment with the print press as the Tater fans could not fathom that they were not the best and loudest fans in this hemisphere. They did their best to dispute Chan by putting this phrase in big letters (so they could all read them) on their jumbotron and continually calling for noise throughout the game. In the end, Chan was right-it is just another place. It is our turn to reciprocate with such enthusiasm-can you hear me?

11. Who is gonna win? If you have read this far, I have no idea (pay no attention to my pick as there is superstition/karma involved that is all I can say). I know I will be there to support this team and pulling for all of them as much as I can. I do know that this last year in the Upstate has been a joy as the tiggers smack talk against the Jackets has been minimal. Here is hoping there is one more year for that silence- much like the silence that enveloped Death Valley last year when Calvin caught that last TD pass.

Go Jackets!

Man, this is a great post. It does seem odd that the fans have been in some sort of bermuda triangle. This season has had no flow.

Thanks for the excellent observations on clemson. It's nice to have some sort of information on their team.

I just see them as a team like Wake Forest, last year. A couple tough plays from top tier ACC.

I am just worried about not having Joe Anoai. He is the epitome of the type of player of which I wish we had more on our team. The guy is an animal. I'm glad we'll have Henderson, we really need Anoai, too.

Back