Clemson / GT Statistics

Buzz4Him

Flats Noob
This was copied from the Clemson board but gives some really good statistics for discussion:

Here are the ACC rankings of stats so far for GT and Clemson:

QB:
#2 Suggs (GT) 268 yds passing, 3 TD's, NO INT's, 190.4 rating, 70.4% completion
#7 Bilbo (GT) 103 yds passing, 0 TD's, No INT's, 103.6 rating, 55.6% completion
#9 Simmons (CL) 407 yds passing, 1 TD, 1 INT, 96.9 rating, 52.5% completion

RB's
#1 Hollings (GT) 298 yds, 9.0 yds/carry, 6 TD's
#8 Kelly (CL) 124 yds, 4.1 yds/carry, 4 TD's
#20 Hatch 81 yds, 4.5 yds/carry, 0 TD's
#24 Ford 55 yds, 5.0 yds/carry, 0 TD's

WR's
#5 Watkins (GT), 159 yds, 22.7 yds/catch, 1 TD
#6 Youngblood (CL) 155 yds, 9.7 yds/catch, 1 TD
#15 McKelvey (CL) 72 yds, 12.0 yds/catch, 0 TD's
#18 Glover (GT) 58 yds, 9.7 yds/catch, 2 TD's
#24 Bridges (GT) 42 yds, 8.4 yds/catch, 0 TD's
#25 Logan (GT) 40 yds, 13.3 yds/catch, 0 TD's
#29Hamilton (CL) 37 yds, 9.3 yds/catch, 0 TD's

Interesting that even though we mainly ran the ball in the first 2 games, our back-up QB is still ranked higher than Clemson's starter as far as pass efficiency goes.

Also, Watkins avg/catch is head and shoulders above everyone else. As "good" as Clemson's receivers are, you still have to hang on to the ball to actually live up to your billing.

The key to this game is coaching. We definitely have the talent to beat klimpsum soundly. The question is does our coaching staff act like this is the first time they have coached in a big game or do they have the competence and confidence to go over to Death Valley and kick some hillbilly arse.
If we had the Seattle Bowl Staff coaching this game I would be completely confident...I am still somewhat confident if Buck will let O'brien and Tenuta do their jobs without interfering so much.
So without further ado, I predict we will win with Buck here or in spite of Buck being here.

TECH 38 klimpsum tators 17

drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif

Originally posted by beeware:
[QB]So without further ado, I predict we will win with Buck here or in spite of Buck being here.
[QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Come on Beeware...You're worse than Bulldog.

You first say this game comes down to coaching
and then you say we'll win with or without the
head coach.

I tend to agree with you BeeWare. This game will come down a lot to coaching:
How well are the players prepared?
How well is the game plan developed?
How good can we adjust in the game?

The talent is really similar. We are better in areas and they are better in other areas, but it all evens out.

Having said that, I say we see tomorrow if our coaching staff is really that bad or as good as advertised. (resume = a personal advertisement)

I feel the players are being coached to play their game - regardless of the competition.

i.e., making sure they "play to win" and not "play not to lose".

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
Come on Beeware...You're worse than Bulldog.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think that is an insult to Cory Young (aka Bulldog).

Back