Clemson maybe not the best fans after all

I'm still amazed that they actually believed they would sell many tickets at all. This has been a disappointing season and there is a large contingent that hate their coach. What about that would make you think that your fans would want to spend more money to watch the team? Especially given that this team has underperformed for quite a few year now.

It's also tough to expect fans to go to a bowl game 2 days before Christmas. That means a 6 to 8 hour drive on Christmas Eve. That eliminates a lot of fans with young children or family gathers. It was unrealistic to expect to sell that many tickets.

I'm not surprised that a 7-5 team can't sell tickets to a bowl game that would require the fans to be on the road on Christmas Eve. If I were a Clemson fan, I wouldn't buy the ticket to the bowl either. December 23rd is a bad day to have a bowl, especially for a 7-5 team. I don't think this is a bad reflection on Clemson, so much as it's a bad reflection on the bowl.

There are too many bowls.

There are too many bowls=understatement of the year.

Wonder if you get a hot dog and a Coke with a ticket as well. Maybe you can negotiate for at least some nachos, or something. A pickle?

Back