Clock and game management

Where were the clock management issues today? I agree, this is an area needing improvement by Brent, but nothing stood out today.

wasn’t Zach the QB against VT a couple years ago? I may be misremembering but he was slinging it that game and I thought our future at qb was going to be bright.

There were a lot of people upset that King got the job at first. Pyron was looking great for the few healthy games he had.

No reason we have to miss a beat if King isn't available going forward.

There were a lot of people upset that King got the job at first. Pyron was looking great for the few healthy games he had.

No reason we have to miss a beat if King isn't available going forward.
Someone needs to get the message to Buster. Zach is a starter in a backup role. Not a numb nuts backup. If he doesn't turn Pyron loose he's stepping on his own ding dong.

To me it was the playcalling when Pyron went in. If he can't throw, he can't be the backup QB. Need to keep more of the playbook open in those situations.

That was puzzling for sure. I think Pyron has shown he can run the offense, just have to give him the opportunity. If he has to play next week against ND, then we need the entire playbook opened.

Zach's a baller. Give him a chance.
I agree. The coaches and the very conservative play calling didn't put him in a position to succeed. When he played, he gave me the impression that he's a winner and the team will follow him. King has been really good but I don't think it will be a huge drop off if we have to go with pyron.

Now if for some reason he can't throw anymore, he should be playing fullback instead of qb2. We need a big back for short yardage, which we have basically been using him for anyways, so just make it permanent. At least that way they wouldn't know what play was coming every time he comes in the game

My bad on adding clock. More game today, clock was in previous games. I’ll clean it up.

There were clock issues before halftime. Let UNC run off 30 seconds on 2nd and goal at the 1, then accepted a 10-second runoff that theoretically helped UNC and hurt us (since UNC was in no real jeopardy of having time run out).

We still ended up with a FG because our Haynes are ballers and the clown was on the other sideline, but that was 40 seconds of game time we forfeited, which basically took a potential TD off the table.

There were clock issues before halftime. Let UNC run off 30 seconds on 2nd and goal at the 1, then accepted a 10-second runoff that theoretically helped UNC and hurt us (since UNC was in no real jeopardy of having time run out).

We still ended up with a FG because our Haynes are ballers and the clown was on the other sideline, but that was 40 seconds of game time we forfeited, which basically took a potential TD off the table.
That is true but at that stage of the game the 10 second runoff didn’t bother me with how the pace of the game was going

I don't really agree with the general sentiment. We had 371 yards in this game. With the lead in the 4th and that kind of success on the ground, you run the ball.

I don't really agree with the general sentiment. We had 371 yards in this game. With the lead in the 4th and that kind of success on the ground, you run the ball.
That isn't going to work next week though. We got to throw the ball against ND.

Back