C'mon. Anybody glad he's not gone?

I just don’t get why PJ kept him under center as long as he did. Did TQM have compromising photos of someone? It was like Reggie Ball all over.

I don’t get it, either. While it may not have been obvious to play TO from the beginning, it was clear that someone else needed to be taking snaps. Once he dismantled VT, I honestly thought we had seen the last of Taquon. I can’t come up with a good explanation for why it didn’t happen.

I don’t get it, either. While it may not have been obvious to play TO from the beginning, it was clear that someone else needed to be taking snaps. Once he dismantled VT, I honestly thought we had seen the last of Taquon. I can’t come up with a good explanation for why it didn’t happen.

Didn't TO know a very limited amount of the playbook? That's probably why. CPJ would probably rather die with someone running something actually resembling his offense than try to live with such an extremely hobbled version.

Watching Geoff’s interview during the game strongly reminded me of the refreshing interviews of CPJ during whatever name the Bouse Bowl was using that year.

It reminded me of the closing scene of Patton, walking his dog under a giant windmill:

“For over a thousand years Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of triumph, a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeteers, musicians and strange animals from conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conquerors rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children robed in white stood with him in the chariot or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and whispering in his ear a warning: that all glory is fleeting.”
George Patton

Games like today were happening with increasing frequency the last several years. It was no longer just extremely talented defenses like LSU, UGA, Clemson, and VPI (under Beamer) shutting us down, but teams like Duke, Pitt, and Minnesota as well. Too often the defense and special teams just looked disorganized, as well.

I hope he enjoys retirement and getting to invest more time in his family.
Yeah, I was a big fan and a big supporter because of the jolt of energy that coursed through the fanbase in 2008-2009. But it now seems clear it was time for him to go; whatever "it" is, he was losing it. The blowouts were accumulating (6 of his worst 11 losses occurred in the past three years) and the upsets were getting rarer and rarer.
In many ways, I think 2014 'bought' him these past four years. Was it worth it? I say yes.

Watching Geoff’s interview during the game strongly reminded me of the refreshing interviews of CPJ during whatever name the Bouse Bowl was using that year.

It reminded me of the closing scene of Patton, walking his dog under a giant windmill:

“For over a thousand years Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of triumph, a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeteers, musicians and strange animals from conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conquerors rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children robed in white stood with him in the chariot or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and whispering in his ear a warning: that all glory is fleeting.”
George Patton
I don't think Saban has one of those dude whispering in his ear.

I don't think Saban has one of those dude whispering in his ear.
If he is wise, and Saban is, he will hear that message every day. I think that the record demonstrates that he is compelled to hear that message and pass it on to his staff and players.

If he is wise, and Saban is, he will hear that message every day. I think that the record demonstrates that he is compelled to hear that message and pass it on to his staff and players.
Ooh —Saban’s got two guys whispering in his ear. He’s always a step ahead, that guy.

Didn't TO know a very limited amount of the playbook? That's probably why. CPJ would probably rather die with someone running something actually resembling his offense than try to live with such an extremely hobbled version.
Fromm was a freshman last season and played for a Natty, and thankfully lost. If our underclassmen QB's can't run plays, they need to change positions

That said, I highly doubt that Oliver didn't know the plays.

In retrospect, although I would have liked to have seen CPJ go out with a bang, and thought we would perform better than the result we saw, perhaps the ending shouldn’t be all that surprising.

This was a lame duck coaching staff, seniors playing in a second-tier bowl in Detriot, the day after Christmas, and underclassmen knowing they are all about to shift to a new head coach/coaching staff, new offensive and defensive schemes.

This is perhaps the worst game of the CPJ era (Gardner Webb, LSU, a few others could certainly qualify as such) -and its a shame it had to end this way.

Time to move on -and hop on board the CGC Juice Train.
2 of our players interviewed after the game said they didn't think the team was ready to play!!

George Patton
L’audace, l’audace, toujours l’audace.

L’audace, l’audace, toujours l’audace.
thank you, fredrick the great.

One of PJ's traits, which was both good and bad, is his loyalty. He does prefer to have older players starting over less experienced players. He was going to have Adrian Peterson be the No. 2 B back the first year he was going to play behind a senior who was nowhere near as talented as AP. Said senior got a "knee injury" before the season started. So AP started. 9,000 yards later ....
PJ rarely played true freshmen and preferred redshirting them, though he played many more in more recent years. Didn't like having them start right away still, tho.

RB threw more INTs than TDs, had under 50% completions, and was in a passing offense. TQM ended with a higher QB rating.

Spot on, he was the most gut-wrenching disappointing GT QB in my memory and that goes back to the mid-50's. At times it seemed like his ineffective efforts were almost timed perfectly to tear fan's hearts out ...

thank you, fredrick the great.

One of PJ's traits, which was both good and bad, is his loyalty. He does prefer to have older players starting over less experienced players. He was going to have Adrian Peterson be the No. 2 B back the first year he was going to play behind a senior who was nowhere near as talented as AP. Said senior got a "knee injury" before the season started. So AP started. 9,000 yards later ....
PJ rarely played true freshmen and preferred redshirting them, though he played many more in more recent years. Didn't like having them start right away still, tho.

Only a slight correction... our new RB coach is the guy who got injured at Oklahoma allow AP to start. Tashard was a redshirt frosh and had earned the starting job coming out of spring practice. According to a news article he got a hamstring injury and that opened the door for true frosh AP. After that season Tashard transferred to GT. And now he's back!!!

Back