C'mon. Anybody glad he's not gone?

Discussion in 'Football' started by Yukonwreck, Dec 26, 2018.

1. gtphd

gtphd Very Stable

Loc:
    2 hours from Athens
    Team:
    Tech
    RB threw more INTs than TDs, had under 50% completions, and was in a passing offense. TQM ended with a higher QB rating.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. GEETEELEE

GEETEELEE Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Hog Mountain, GA
    Team:
    Ga Tech!
    Good to see the ban hammer got yukon. Like we needed yet another piss on Paul thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. atlanta jacket

atlanta jacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    atlanta ga
    Team:
    georgia tech
    I wont miss CPJ or his offense, we looked like all of our players had BONE SPURS

• Like Like x 2
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 2
  4. originalwombat

originalwombat Flats Noob

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I don’t get it, either. While it may not have been obvious to play TO from the beginning, it was clear that someone else needed to be taking snaps. Once he dismantled VT, I honestly thought we had seen the last of Taquon. I can’t come up with a good explanation for why it didn’t happen.

5. GTCrew4b

GTCrew4b Get That Corn Outta Ma Face

Loc:
    Local Cafés
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Because PJ doesn’t bench upper classmen it’s part of his problem with recruits and young players.

• Like Like x 2
  6. andrew

andrew Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner

Loc:
    New York City
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Didn't TO know a very limited amount of the playbook? That's probably why. CPJ would probably rather die with someone running something actually resembling his offense than try to live with such an extremely hobbled version.

7. SoCal Jacket

SoCal Jacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Malibu, California
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Watching Geoff’s interview during the game strongly reminded me of the refreshing interviews of CPJ during whatever name the Bouse Bowl was using that year.

It reminded me of the closing scene of Patton, walking his dog under a giant windmill:

“For over a thousand years Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of triumph, a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeteers, musicians and strange animals from conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conquerors rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children robed in white stood with him in the chariot or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and whispering in his ear a warning: that all glory is fleeting.”
    George Patton

• Like Like x 3
  8. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Yeah, I was a big fan and a big supporter because of the jolt of energy that coursed through the fanbase in 2008-2009. But it now seems clear it was time for him to go; whatever "it" is, he was losing it. The blowouts were accumulating (6 of his worst 11 losses occurred in the past three years) and the upsets were getting rarer and rarer.
    In many ways, I think 2014 'bought' him these past four years. Was it worth it? I say yes.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  9. gtgtgt1

gtgtgt1 Damn Good Rat

Loc:
    McDonough
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    We are glad you are gone

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I don't think Saban has one of those dude whispering in his ear.

11. SoCal Jacket

SoCal Jacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Malibu, California
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    If he is wise, and Saban is, he will hear that message every day. I think that the record demonstrates that he is compelled to hear that message and pass it on to his staff and players.

12. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Ooh —Saban’s got two guys whispering in his ear. He’s always a step ahead, that guy.

13. JJacket

JJacket 1st to pass for 2500 and rush for 1000

Loc:
    THWG
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Fromm was a freshman last season and played for a Natty, and thankfully lost. If our underclassmen QB's can't run plays, they need to change positions

That said, I highly doubt that Oliver didn't know the plays.

• Like Like x 1
  14. yellowbritchies

yellowbritchies Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Atlanta,Ga
    Team:
    Georgia Tech

15. yellowbritchies

yellowbritchies Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Atlanta,Ga
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    2 of our players interviewed after the game said they didn't think the team was ready to play!!

16. BigDanT

BigDanT Actually John Goodman

Loc:
    Lawrenceville
    Team:
    Yellow jackets
    L’audace, l’audace, toujours l’audace.

• Like Like x 1
  17. swampsting

swampsting Dodd-Like

Loc:
    God's Country
    Team:
    Ga Tech
    thank you, fredrick the great.

One of PJ's traits, which was both good and bad, is his loyalty. He does prefer to have older players starting over less experienced players. He was going to have Adrian Peterson be the No. 2 B back the first year he was going to play behind a senior who was nowhere near as talented as AP. Said senior got a "knee injury" before the season started. So AP started. 9,000 yards later ....
    PJ rarely played true freshmen and preferred redshirting them, though he played many more in more recent years. Didn't like having them start right away still, tho.

18. GEETEELEE

GEETEELEE Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Hog Mountain, GA
    Team:
    Ga Tech!
    Well it was obvious.

Playing in a toilet bowl in the rust belt the day after Christmas with coaches focused on a new job was a recipe for disaster

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lee34102

Lee34102 Helluva Engineer

Loc:
    Naples, FL
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Spot on, he was the most gut-wrenching disappointing GT QB in my memory and that goes back to the mid-50's. At times it seemed like his ineffective efforts were almost timed perfectly to tear fan's hearts out ...

• Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  20. JOJATK

JOJATK Flats Noob

Only a slight correction... our new RB coach is the guy who got injured at Oklahoma allow AP to start. Tashard was a redshirt frosh and had earned the starting job coming out of spring practice. According to a news article he got a hamstring injury and that opened the door for true frosh AP. After that season Tashard transferred to GT. And now he's back!!!