Coach Bill O'Brien

techrod

Flats Noob
Coach Bill O\'Brien

I truly feel BOB is avery good coach, maybe even as the oc. He is very intelligent with a great personality. If he was left alone to do his thing; I believe you would have something quite different. He is also a very good recruiter.

Re: Coach Bill O\'Brien

Chan publicly promised to leave Bill O'brien alone and let him run the offense without unnecessary interference. That, maybe, Chan would occasionally suggest certain things, but that Chan had learned his lesson in Dallas about what a mistake it is to try to be head coach and offensive coordinator.

Whether he ever meant to keep his promise or not, Chan totally misled us. He has not allowed Coach O'brien to do his job at all.

Just like Chan's comments about Bilbo being too talented to stand beside him on the sideline....or how he had prepared for ugag since February...you have to take Chan's word with a big grain of salt....because what he says and what he does are two entirely different things.

Brown - such a football learning ground, what did Billy do as a player?

Originally posted by techrod:
I truly feel BOB is avery good coach, maybe even as the oc. He is very intelligent with a great personality. If he was left alone to do his thing; I believe you would have something quite different. He is also a very good recruiter.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Techrod,

Where do these "feelings" come from?

O'Brien still has to prove he can raise his own QB's and run his own system. Last year he had Goose, who knew the offense backwards and forwards, and was a great decision maker during the play. But Godsey was trained under Ralph (who, we know hsa made some good QB's (Boomer, Frank Reich, Gelbaugh (SP?), Hamilton, Humpries, etc.)) while AJ had no training under Ralph.

I still say the jury is out on O'Brien as far as how good he can be. This was only his second year as an O'Coordinator, and any "feelings" you have are just that: feelings. Nothing more.

Beeware, Chan does not want Tech to win. He is hoping they lose so he can lose his job. Bilbo is better than AJ, that's why he sat on the bench.

And Nate Stimpson was a pretty good Def. Lineman.

Beeware speaking for Nate! I think you should use some quotations if you are trying to tell us what Nate said.

Beeware dont be NAME DROPPING HERE. Unless you are authorized to speak for Nate you let him speak for himself.

Just b/c you have flushed YOUR CREDIBILITY down the toilet does not mean you can use inferences that YOU draw from nate's posts on another board.

Nate posts on this board and if you want to link to that post it is one thing.

I personally think you ARE WAY OUT OF LINE.

Originally posted by techrod:
Beer Nutts,I concur with what you saying, I just believe BOB is everything I said he is. He needs a chance to prove himself, of which I think he was denied this year under cg.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">How was he denied? Where do you get the evidence that BOB was denied anything from being an Off. Coord.?

I do believe it was almost exclusively his playbook. He called all the plays (and the only evidence I had of Gailey somewhat over-ruling BOB is when he told him to run the ball vs Duke (but didn't call the running plays). I don't know how you can say he was "denied" a chance to prove himself. You can't just say he was denied without providing some kind of source. He was the Off. Coord, and he did the off. Coord.'s job.

Now, he's had 2 years of experience. Hopefully with more experience he'll improve, but only time will tell.

BeerNutts, I have nothing to back that up except a here say source. It is a pretty good source, but nothing definitive. I myself believe it is true after witnessing the bowl game last year.

Beer Nutts,I concur with what you saying, I just believe BOB is everything I said he is. He needs a chance to prove himself, of which I think he was denied this year under cg.

Originally posted by law_bee:
Beeware speaking for Nate! I think you should use some quotations if you are trying to tell us what Nate said.

Beeware dont be NAME DROPPING HERE. Unless you are authorized to speak for Nate you let him speak for himself.

Just b/c you have flushed YOUR CREDIBILITY down the toilet does not mean you can use inferences that YOU draw from nate's posts on another board.

Nate posts on this board and if you want to link to that post it is one thing.

I personally think you ARE WAY OUT OF LINE.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What he said !!

Thanks for the clarity Nate... glad to have you on the board...

Nate, ignore beware. He doesn’t have a clue. Please keep your postings. It is nice for the fans to hear from someone we respect.

As for BOB gradually developing into a good OC. I didn’t know that GT was a training ground for coaches. I thought we hired the from the smaller schools that had the programs to prepare a coach for a major college position.

Back