Coach Nix

casbah62

Flats Noob
If Coach Nix can do with the QB's as well as he did with the RB's last season then we are in for much improved play at QB next season...
IMHO I believe that the QB's were barely instructed last season. Now they have coaches that know the technical aspects of the position. This can only help the players mature over the course of a season and a career...
I probably shoulda put this under that other post about the 'QB Outlook '03' but it was kind've getting into a p****** match and at this late/early hour I just wasn't up to it...
tongue.gif

casbah, I'm glad you started a new thread honestly.

I have a lot of confidense in Coach Nix. As fans we get excited and want to play coach from the stands or our livingrooms. Last year we didn't get it done at QB over the couse of the year. I'm not so sure a lot of that was the coaches fault.

Will say I hope Bilbo is the man, but I also hope fans aren't ticked off if he's not. This statement has nothing to do with AJ AT ALL! Want to make that clear before people get on their
soapbox.gif
wink.gif
I believe a young qb will be under center. That being Bilbo or one of the three young guns.

GO Jackets!

GTT, I really think most fans will not mind which quarterback starts as long as we are successful. I am encouraged that Nix is handling the QBs.

Nix was quite impressive last year with the running backs. It seemed everytime someone went down with an injury, the running backs still looked pretty good, even the walk-on.

I think I saw a reference to Pena about his Dad being a coach. If that is so, and Pena is practicing this spring, he could be a surprise. It is also going to be interesting when the others come in the fall, although it is difficult to step into the starting role from Fall practice as a freshman.

Let's assume the quarterback position is a strong point throughout the season, how does that change the outlook of the fans toward our success this coming season?

Would we have a more positive outlook?

smile.gif

Ahso, I believe that we will go bowling once again if our QB really produces this year. The problem that I have if we do not start the year with a new QB is the continuation of disappointment and ache in my soul. Some terrific wins, however, would soothe the ache, no question about it.

I know this is somewhat off the topic, but has anyone heard or seen any more info on the BYU/Tech schedule?

I sure would love for our QB to have a game under his belt prior to the Auburn game.

smile.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
I know this is somewhat off the topic, but has anyone heard or seen any more info on the BYU/Tech schedule?

I sure would love for our QB to have a game under his belt prior to the Auburn game.

smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yeah, game is not being moved. They worked another date for BYU and the Blue Turf Team.
wink.gif
The GT schedule is unchanged. We'll be in provo to open the season.

Ahsoisee, I completely agree that most fans just want us to win with whoever is at qb. Glad you stated that.

By the way, can everyone feel spring in the air. What a gorgeous day in north GA.
blue.gif

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
Ahsoisee, I completely agree that most fans just want us to win with whoever is at qb. Glad you stated that.

By the way, can everyone feel spring in the air. What a gorgeous day in north GA.
blue.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Absolutely! That is not saying that I feel any better about Coach Gailey's recent decisions on his newest coaching hire or his delegation of duties by splitting up the OC job. However I can say whoever is at Quarterback is a mute subject as long as we execute, which will translate into wins. Then I will fell better about everything. P.S. It is a beautiful day! I believe I will fire up my Harley and go for a spin. See you later!

Back