coach on the call in show said

yerjacket

Varsity Lurker
that AJ was very ill with a fever wed evening and had not heard today how he was doing. So if Bilbo gets to start and has an awesome stellar day would you say start him at ugag or maybe go back to the two quarterback system from earlier in the year but then stick with the hot qb whoever he is. personally i think that when AJ is on he is a good qb but........ we haven't seen enough of Bilbo to really know if he has a grasp of the offense or he just knows the qb draw from the shotgun. and yes i know he ran some other plays but i dont believe we can really demand to see Bilbo until we see an extend playing time of Bilbo.

Just wondering if anyone has heard the status of AJ for this weekend here lately?

heres wishin i had a good ending statement.
drinking.gif
drinking.gif

Hard to fairly judge Bilbo without him not only getting playing time, but the same amount and type of preparation time AJ has had. THWG

Yerjacket, my personal opinion is Bilbo should start since he has been taking the majority of snaps this week. If the offense is clicking with him in the game, then leave him there for the whole game if need be.

You always hate to see any player get sick or hurt, but life is ironic. Maybe we will all get to see our question answered regarding the Bilbo debate. Sometimes we are forced into a position to try things we should have done on our own.

If we were to get way ahead and merit playing reserves, put Camp into the game and let him play some. Surely he has not forgotten all the plays too. If Suggs is not needed, give him the extra rest to gain his strength back.

Bilbo's performance in this game should determine the basis for his participation in the UGA game.

smile.gif

I say, "Let the coaches make the football decisions".

If he plays well, he will improve his opportunities in the future.

The coaches make decisions based upon their opinion of the best option to help the team win. They keep their jobs by winning football games. I trust that they will make the best decision possible with their own personal interest at heart which is to help the team win.

Agree with Ahs.. If he has gotten most of the reps this week he should start. Could always bring Suggs off the bench. We have been running the ball fairly well, and that is much lower risk.

I would agree that DeBo should start it he has gotten most of the reps, if he has shown he can run the offense, and AJ isn't 100%. If he has gotten the reps but it has been ugly then I don't know, it would depend on how AJ feels.

Would you guys feel the same way if Hollins was still available and suffering the same flu? Would you feel the same way if Hollins was still available but missed the practice week prior to the Georgia game... would you want to see him sit on the bench... a starter is a starter .. if AJ is ready to go he should start.. if he is not.. he should sit...

Back