Coach Whisenhunt out as Chargers OC

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
You think he would do that? No way. NFL coaches are constantly recycled. He will land as a QB coach with an NFL team in no time.
And Gailey was once fired as an OC then hired as a head coach by the Bills like a year later.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Bruh. He passed on us.
I think it may have been both. I think TStan knew he couldn't afford to make an unpopular hire because the on-field results would suck for a while. I think Whisenhunt also wanted more money and a bigger salary pool for his staff than we were willing or able to provide.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think it may have been both. I think TStan knew he couldn't afford to make an unpopular hire because the on-field results would suck for a while. I think Whisenhunt also wanted more money and a bigger salary pool for his staff than we were willing or able to provide.
I don't think Whiz was ever a serious consideration, and for good reasons. He had no experience with recruiting and knew nothing of the current landscape of HS coaches. A lot of the Old Guard wanted him because he is a Tech Man. But I think he was interviewed mostly out of respect for both him and The Old Guard who support the program. TStan hit one out of the park with the Collins hire.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
No way he'd do as poorly as Dan Quinn the past few seasons.
I am off topic here, but the issues the Falcons have are not related for the most part to who they have hired as coaches, gm, trainers, consultants or any such personnel.

It goes back to the ultimate branding, philosophy, culture and goals of an organization.

The Falcons were founded as a play toy, to a certain extent are still operated as such.

No team owner in NFL history allowed his minor aged children to make draft picks such as the original owner did.

From day ond they never tried to create their own image or brand.

Until such time they will remain forever who they are now.

AmpuTECHture

Drain Lake Powell
He just seems dull. No way he could connect with kids like our current staff. No way the recruiting is trending the same way. I’m happy with the direction we went.
Exactly. If Tech had hired him, I would have gone full Greg Schiano and flown back to ATL to protest in the streets.

DinnerJacket

Slowly eroding every brain cell
And part of his demise might also be attributed to who he had for a TE Coach, Rip Scherer - Yes, THAT Rip Scherer, who almost made Patrick Nix look competent.

Link
THIS piece of information opens my eyes to Whiz' ability, or inability, to discern. Pass.