Coaching Carousel

Bud Foster is an enigma to me. Presumably, he's staying at VPI and not head-coaching somewhere else by now because he's the heir apparent. But if he's as great as advertised, why hasn't VPI pulled the trigger and kicked Beamer out of town yet?

What's a Loeffler?

the left side of this:

b3esvencqaafwdn.jpg

Bud Foster is an enigma to me. Presumably, he's staying at VPI and not head-coaching somewhere else by now because he's the heir apparent. But if he's as great as advertised, why hasn't VPI pulled the trigger and kicked Beamer out of town yet?

I think they haven't kicked Beams out yet because he's their Bill Snyder or Bear Bryant. VT did not have anything resembling a football program before beamer went there and he's been the head coach for something absurd like 30 years. He put them on the map and has been very successful. They've struggled a bit lately but I think it's had more to do with how the players they've recruited have turned out and injuries than anything really poor coaching-wise. Make no mistake, if their RBs are healthy next year, they will be a very tough W again. Heck, we basically stole a win this year and this was one of the worst VT teams I've seen.

Foster isn't head coaching anywhere because he has monster personality issues. He's certainly interviewed for numerous head coaching jobs but they've always ended up saying thanks but no thanks. To give him a smidge of credit he may be one of very few guys who knows his limitations and isn't interested in being a HC (lolololol) or he might just really like VT.

Back