Coaching Changes?

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Who, if anybody is, do you think will be let go?

I know some people aren't happy with BOB, so my question is this:

Do you want Bill O'Brien to be our Offensive Coordinator in 2003?

Not because I do not like him, or beelieve in his ability in the near future, but I think BO'B should go. There seems to be an undercurrent of tension between bo'b and CB. It might not be but it seems so. I think CB needs to take total responsibility for what happens on the field now. I keep hearing conflicting stories about who is making O calls and player decisions and I want to know who to blame or praise.

Originally posted by texstinger:
Not because I do not like him, or beelieve in his ability in the near future, but I think BO'B should go. There seems to be an undercurrent of tension between bo'b and CB. It might not be but it seems so. I think CB needs to take total responsibility for what happens on the field now. I keep hearing conflicting stories about who is making O calls and player decisions and I want to know who to blame or praise.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">There is so much confusion for us on the outside looking in because there has been no cooperation with the media by Coach Gailey. Can't understand this man at all.

Now that I've heard a couple responses, I should probably give my personal opinion.

I don't know the issues with Gailey and O'Brien.
I have heard that players had divided loyalties to CG and BOB.

Who knows?

In short, I think BOB should be back next season. We have all heard how Gailey has changed some of BOB's play calls to his own desired play on several occasions this season. Gailey is the head coach. That means during games he should oversee, direct traffic, and talk at the half. Chan, Let your coaches do their own coaching. That's why they're there, to coach their positions. In BOB's case, call the plays.
BOB should be retained on this staff!

I disagree some coaches including BoB should go! BoB was the QB coach did he coach AJ up or down? In my opinion he coached him down. He was and is the OC right, then why in the blue blazes did we as fans see some of the most stupid call that our O tried to connect with. There are of course other area that need attention but none so glaring as the O. CG needs to clean house and set it in order for him to be the coach we all want him to be. However, I not sure he is up to the task. This is college with kids not the pro's with men some twice the age of our kids.

I agree with some of your points oldfoggy.

Yes, I think that A.J. would be a lot better QB if he was under the direction of Ralph Friedgen.

But, as I say with Chan Gailey, give BOB at least 1 more year.

I mean, look what Jim Tressel did in his second season.

He went from 7-5 to 14-0.
Gailey went from 7-6 to ?

Back