Coaching Staff

D

Damarius

The losses of Hailey and Spencer hurt us. They were two very knowledgeable coaches, who contributed the success at GT. But I for one have no worries whatsoever. Chan Gailey has many connections throughout the NFL. I am confident that he will bring in some coaches that know what they are doing. There is no need to worry. We will be fine. Some may be worried about how this will affect recruiting...it is definately not a positive, but yet its impact is not too large. It is not like any of our current prime-time prospects have suddenly lost interest. I think we will be fine in that area, despite the losses. Otherwise, like I said before, NO WORRIES! We will be fine. Good luck to coach Hailey and Coach Spencer in the future, two very classy coaches!

REEL EM IN CHAN!!

GO JACKETS!!

Obviously we could do worse, but based on our record the last 2 years I expect us to do better.

Well, to put it in perspective - -

Chan hired his entire staff under duress. Time was short and timing was after most coaches had had time to pick who they wanted.

Now, Chan has a few things on his side. Time before the end of NFL post-season, proof that he can coach at this level, proof that he can bring in players, proof that he can rally an emotionally beaten team, proof that he will let those that can hold their own, hold their own (tenuta), and a higher likelyhood that he will be here for a while. Plus less after shadow of O'Leary gate and flunkgate.

It's likely he will bring in better talent every time anyone resigns, all things being equal.

No slam on Brick or Glenn, just saying we brought in good coaches when it was a tough time, so we should also be able to do the same now that the situation was better.

I wish Brick and Glenn had stayed, but I wish them the best and think we'll be fine without them as well.

Originally posted by Damarius:
The losses of Hailey and Spencer hurt us. They were two very knowledgeable coaches, who contributed the success at GT. But I for one have no worries whatsoever. Chan Gailey has many connections throughout the NFL. I am confident that he will bring in some coaches that know what they are doing. There is no need to worry. We will be fine. Some may be worried about how this will affect recruiting...it is definately not a positive, but yet its impact is not too large. It is not like any of our current prime-time prospects have suddenly lost interest. I think we will be fine in that area, despite the losses. Otherwise, like I said before, NO WORRIES! We will be fine. Good luck to coach Hailey and Coach Spencer in the future, two very classy coaches!

REEL EM IN CHAN!!

GO JACKETS!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Damarius - You got it exactly right.

GO JACKETS!!!!

There's only one assistant that I believe would be tough as hell to replace, but otherwise, I'm in full agreement with you.

We basically lost our entire defensive staff except Tenuta. Do you think HE is the guy who wants to bring in his 'buddies'?

Obviously our DL play was improved. The LB play was great against the run but was the overall LB play any better than 2002 or even 2001? Any way you cut it our DBs played very well as did our nickel package.

Once we know who takes the jobs we can better overanalyze why Brick and Spenser left.

Techfowl....

You have it right...Chan had to scramble to put together his first staff as his hiring was done in the height of recruiting season and he was still with the Dolphins(that showed a LOT of class on his part to honor his committment to the Dolphins).
The possibilities of Chan coming up with some OUTSTANDING assistants to replace the ones departing are great...Im excited...
Jerry..You are probably somewhat correct as to Tenuta...He is similiar to Saban in that he is VERY demanding...That, i think is a positive.....

Again, Saban as was pointed out during the MNC game HAS had great turnover on his staff and change is not always bad....

Back