College football coaching carousel

cyptomcat

Hibernating
So he can just churn out 7 win seasons forever and never lose his job? I guarantee that if he really did just keep churning out 7 win seasons, it wouldn't take but a few years before UK fans wanted to fire him. The only place you get to plateau is the Saban Zone. Everybody else has to keep improving or they're out.
2018 Kentucky 10–3
2019 Kentucky 8–5
2020 Kentucky 5–6
2021 Kentucky 9–3

cyptomcat

Hibernating
He won 9 games once in all his years at GT, stoops record a lot better.

CPJ would still be here if his last 4 years were 10, 8, 5 and 9 (maybe 10) wins. Sprinkle in at least one win against uga over those 4 years, and I'm pretty happy...

Last edited:

18in32

Petard Hoister

CPJ would still be here if his last 4 years were
10, 8, 5 and 9 (maybe 10) wins. Sprinkle in at least one win against uga over those 4 years, and I'm pretty happy...
What is it you think we're talking about? I'm not clear.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
So he can just churn out 7 win seasons forever and never lose his job? I guarantee that if he really did just keep churning out 7 win seasons, it wouldn't take but a few years before UK fans wanted to fire him. The only place you get to plateau is the Saban Zone. Everybody else has to keep improving or they're out.
Kirk Ferentz is pretty safe. Not sure if that’ll last forever though. He basically hovers in that range for a few years then has a couple good ones.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.

CPJ would still be here if his last 4 years were 10, 8, 5 and 9 (maybe 10) wins. Sprinkle in at least one win against uga over those 4 years, and I'm pretty happy...
He was here 6 years and started off out the gate being saddled with Flunkgate. Without Chan, we likely get to see Calvin win a Natty at UGAg

BuzzinWreck78

Helluva Engineer

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
The latest carousel update includes grades for all the coastal newbies.
A Miami Cristobal
B+ Virginia Elliot
C+ Duke Elko
C+ Va Tech Pry

very exciting for those four who now have hope,optimism and likely more conference wins next year.
They gave Collins' hiring a B, fyi

The former Temple coach and Florida DC got a seven-year deal from Georgia Tech. He'll need that long to clear out a roster full of Paul Johnson's option running backs, quarterbacks and offensive linemen. Three of Johnson's starting offensive linemen weighed less than 285 pounds. Ouch. Techsters everywhere will love Collins. He'll deliver having coached under George O'Leary and Chan Gailey.