College Football Countdown 2019

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
It's hard to take a deep dive on all 130 teams, so you get sort of a flyover of each in this case. For instance, I like Jarrett but the guy hasn't played very much and how much triple really got called for Tobias? I just rewatched the Va Tech game and it was load, zone and rocket toss.
So there are probably gonna be 115-120 other fan bases that read this and go "Huh?"

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Teams GT is almost as good as:

86 - Northern Illinois
85 - FAU

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
Teams GT is almost as good as:

86 - Northern Illinois
85 - FAU
I will never believe that. If it turns out that way, so be it, but this was a very subjective ranking. I think we have competent players, and I hope we have competent coaches. We probably don't have any all-conference players, but the ACC is down, particularly the Coastal Division. Let's play some games.

coit

I will never believe that. If it turns out that way, so be it, but this was a very subjective ranking. I think we have competent players, and I hope we have competent coaches. We probably don't have any all-conference players, but the ACC is down, particularly the Coastal Division. Let's play some games.
I think that’s the point we’ve been making by posting it every year.

gt2690b

PB time!
Not as down as sec East though

coit

North Texas in at #75. If only we were as good as North Texas....

coit

#72 - Toledo
#71 - Vandy
#70 - Southern Miss

BuckeyeJacket

Clear Whiskey Drinker
It's hard to take a deep dive on all 130 teams, so you get sort of a flyover of each in this case. For instance, I like Jarrett but the guy hasn't played very much and how much triple really got called for Tobias? I just rewatched the Va Tech game and it was load, zone and rocket toss.
So there are probably gonna be 115-120 other fan bases that read this and go "Huh?"
If you release 1 a day, isn't that plenty of time to do a deep dive?

18in32

Petard Hoister
If you release 1 a day, isn't that plenty of time to do a deep dive?
ST-ers spend hours a day talking about GT and yet have wildly different ideas about the upcoming season. The deeper the dive, the greater the declining marginal utility. And “predictions are hard, especially about the future.”

BuckeyeJacket

Clear Whiskey Drinker
ST-ers spend hours a day talking about GT and yet have wildly different ideas about the upcoming season. The deeper the dive, the greater the declining marginal utility. And “predictions are hard, especially about the future.”
We weren't discussing predictions so much as the actual research. The article looked like a computer scrolled about 10 other pieces and threw something together. No insight whatsoever.

This line tells you everything you need to know about the quality of her insight. (assuming I can assume her gender)

"will rely on the likes of running backs Nathan Cottrell"

18in32

Petard Hoister
We weren't discussing predictions so much as the actual research. The article looked like a computer scrolled about 10 other pieces and threw something together. No insight whatsoever.

This line tells you everything you need to know about the quality of her insight. (assuming I can assume her gender)

"will rely on the likes of running backs Nathan Cottrell"
Actually that seems to me like a comment borne of approximately a day's worth of deep diving.

coit

#67 - Arkansas State

coit

How much would they be favored over us, given our position on the list?
That would be a fun question to ask the folks making the list. As in, how many points are you going to spot me, and how much money are you willing to put on the line?

They lost by 50 to Bama, by 7 to Ga Southern, and by 26 to App State.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
That would be a fun question to ask the folks making the list. As in, how many points are you going to spot me, and how much money are you willing to put on the line?

They lost by 50 to Bama, by 7 to Ga Southern, and by 26 to App State.
I am going to say they would be favored by 23, assuming we are below Appalachian State on the countdown.
50 - 7 + 23 = 69.
69/3 = 23.