College Hall of Fame destroyed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldGold1968

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Just saw on news that they trashed the hall of fame. Wonder if anything of value was taken.

Oh I'm sure every single artifact in that building will be stolen or destroyed. Holy god. I think the Cumberland football is in there right now? Please tell me it isn't...

I didn't know that there was a College Hall of Fame. Are we in it?

I saw an interview with the head manager of the Hall. She said the artifacts were not damaged. She could be just CYAing. Hard to be believe nothing was damaged.

I didn't know that there was a College Hall of Fame. Are we in it?

Well, i haven't been to the new one but did visit thd old one years ago.

It had CBD's UT jersey on display and a display regarding 222 - 0.

Well, i haven't been to the new one but did visit thd old one years ago.

It had CBD's UT jersey on display and a display regarding 222 - 0.

Joke was in the missing word.

If you steal the 222-0 ball, you can’t sell it. That makes it useless for these guys.

notsureifserious.jpg

He's referring to what these looters will most likely be doing, which is selling the öööö they looted on FB Marketplace or Craigslist or something.

He's referring to what these looters will most likely be doing, which is selling the öööö they looted on FB Marketplace or Craigslist or something.
I hope that's not what he's referring to. Because these looters have only the sketchiest idea of what they're gonna do with this stuff. There may be some more experienced thieves in there, but by and large these are young men who delight at the prospect of breaking rules, getting free stuff, and joining in a big party. Monetizing the thefts is a secondary consideration. And besides, there's a black market in everything, including sports paraphernalia. (It's kinda fun to imagine an old Cumberland alumnus willing to pay top dollar to destroy the thing.)

And besides, there's a black market in everything, including sports paraphernalia. (It's kinda fun to imagine an old Cumberland alumnus willing to pay top dollar to destroy the thing.)

You can’t sell it on the corner, on Craigslist, or eBay, which is about as far as these guys go. You run a big risk of being caught since there’s only one of them and possession implies guilt, so even if you found a buyer, you’d need to use some sophisticated method to exchange the item for cash to avoid implication.

A uga jersey can be unloaded in a Walmart parking lot and doesn’t necessarily tie you back to looting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back