College sports losing something?

Axe

Flats Noob
I was once a huge pro sports fan. I loved the college game but I
really loved following the Hawks, Falcons, and Braves as a kid.
Once I got into my teens I began to lose interest in the pro game.
I would be offered Falcons tickets for free and turn them down. All
my interest had shifted to college sports.

Over the years, I've wondered could the day ever come that I would
lose interest or be turned off by the college game. Surely, the
awesome experience of a beautiful fall afternoon on a college campus
would never lose its luster. Well fellas, I think that day has come
for me.

After resumegate BS , resumegate II BS, harrick/michael adams BS
politics, grad rate propganda BS, NCAA rules about kids selling
there own stuff BS, academic hypocrisy BS , greedy expansion BS,
I've simply had enough. The game is BS, the people that run it are
hypocrites and greedy pigs. Scumbag coaches are the highest paid
people on campus, and they extort schools for more. After they do
that they have threesomes with stripers, or get drunk with sorority
sisters.

I've had more than I can take and I can't take anymore. Time to
call Arthur Blank and see if he has some tickets left for me.

Axe, you are right about some things. First, the salaries of the coaches are way out of line with the pupose of the school. The school is for educational purposes.

While I am sure the professors are overpaid already, I have predicted they would be very upset at the amount of money being paid to the coaches.

Not only is this true, but many fans and media analysts are pushing for the players to be paid a stipend for playing. It makes no difference if the SA is getting about an $80,000-$100,000 education, they are being taught they should now be paid for their free education.

It makes little difference if many kids that are not athletes can not get into college because they do not have the finances. Combine the high pay of a coach with all of the above, and it becomes a major problem. The fans are part of this problem. I have seen very few fans against the high salaries paid to the coaches.

These players are sought by coaches all over the country and have been put on a pedestal by the schools and fans. These players now have such a high esteem of themselves, I am sure discipline is getting harder to enforce.

I also think the quality of players attending colleges each year is improving greatly, but I also think the loyalties and values of the players are dropping proportionately. Maybe the coaches should start screening the players more on the qualitiy of their morals as opposed to their s"Star rating".

Maybe the ADs should stop throwing such big money at the coaches. Maybe some of the professors are rebelling against football and other sports and are making it harder on the athlete.

Maybe some of the athletes just don't have the desire to be a student. Maybe they think the tutors will do their work for them and they can just play around. Maybe they think they are too valuable to the team and the coach will not let the professors fail them.

drinking.gif

Back