Come off the ledge....

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
1). Clemson ran up the score partly because Tech is getting players they want.
2) PJ left the cupboard bare, we are a very young team. The transition of players is and always was going to be difficult.
3). Meanwhile Clemson has an experienced team with the top player at many positions.
4). Tech’s freshman recruits look very good.

Hang in there, this was always going to be a tough three or four years. Stop feeding into the UGA, Clemson narrative.

CharlestonJacket

Varsity Lurker
2) PJ left the cupboard bare, we are a very young team. The transition of players is and always was going to be difficult.
3). Meanwhile Clemson has an experienced team with the top player at many positions.

Hang in there, this was always going to be a tough three or four years. Stop feeding into the UGA, Clemson narrative.
Amen, I've watched Jacket games for 70 years and have been on higher and narrower ledges: Fulmer, Carson, Lewis, etc. I like our direction ,recruiting, attitude and CGC deserves our support. I grew up in Ga and have lived in SC since 2003, so life will be inreresting for a few days. Klempson fans have become worse than Dawg fans... bad losers and worse winners, but that's no excuse to not support my Jackets and CGC. It's way too early to whine about our coaches. besides we're better than that .

cbee

Flats Noob

This is laughable. Getting players Clemson wants? The vast majority of what we get are 3 stars. That is not what Clemson is after.

ramblin_wreck08

Class of 2012
This is laughable. Getting players Clemson wants? The vast majority of what we get are 3 stars. That is not what Clemson is after.
Here’s their current roster. We’re in the same region and ARE competing for some of the same guys. As the program grows we’ll be competing for even more.
A710FA80-C735-4B3C-A262-AD83DB8D48CE.jpeg

Edit: To add, look at this snap of the highest rated players on GT’s roster. I’ve highlighted the ones Collins has brought in in the last 1.5 yrs...and this doesn’t even include the new CB from Texas. Tell me Clemson wouldn’t want some of these guys.
5AAE80C9-0737-43C7-B712-10038C557647.jpeg

Last edited:

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Clemson started their dynasty with a lot of the high 3-star type players we are getting now, before they started pulling lots of 4's and 5's. The point is we have upped our game and are positioning ourselves as a future threat. Everyone has taken notice and opposing coaches are going to pour it on when they can.

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
And all y'all got to watch the Second Coming of Peyton yesterday. That kid made throws the original couldn't make when he was in Knoxville. Let's hope he moves on & doesn't stick around for his SR year like the original did.

Sometimes you're the hammer & sometimes you're the nail. Just got to give 'em their due.

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
Clemson ran up the score because they phyisically dominated us in the trenches. They dominated us because their skill position players are many times faster than ours. They dominated us because they have maybe the greatest college QB of all time.

It is depressing how little talent we have in our junior and senior classes especially on defense.

The V

Dodd-Like
Best college team money can buy in 2020, Clempson Tigers. They would put an ass kicking on many pro teams.

cbee

Flats Noob
Clemson did not run the score up on us because we are stealing recruits that they want. They ran up the score because they have better players and better coaches. Played all of their players. If anyone is butt hurt because of the score, be angry at our team and our coaches for not being better prepared to stop them. After all, that is our job.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
Some here are overstating the implications of this loss based on the margin of victory. To use an engineering analogy, offense in football can be like a threshold function. If your team's offense can outmatch the defense by enough in any way, meeting a threshold, you can score on almost every possession. It doesn't necessarily mean your offense is way better or your coaches way better--you might be just enough better to be unstoppable.

Think of the Louisville game in Paul Johnson's last year. We scored 66 points, and scored on ALL 9 POSSESSIONS of the game except the last that ended the game. (If Clemson had scored with the same efficiency Saturday, they would've put up *111* points on us, a Half Cumberland!) Were we that much better in 2018 than Louisville, that we scored on every possession and put up 66? I think if they'd had a couple stud DLs, the complexion of that game would've been different.

The best measure of your team is wins and losses against decent teams. We'll know where we stand not from this game but from our record at the end of the season.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Some here are overstating the implications of this loss based on the margin of victory. To use an engineering analogy, offense in football can be like a threshold function. If your team's offense can outmatch the defense by enough in any way, meeting a threshold, you can score on almost every possession. It doesn't necessarily mean your offense is way better or your coaches way better--you might be just enough better to be unstoppable.

Think of the Louisville game in Paul Johnson's last year. We scored 66 points, and scored on ALL 9 POSSESSIONS of the game except the last that ended the game. (If Clemson had scored with the same efficiency Saturday, they would've put up *111* points on us, a Half Cumberland!) Were we that much better in 2018 than Louisville, that we scored on every possession and put up 66? I think if they'd had a couple stud DLs, the complexion of that game would've been different.

The best measure of your team is wins and losses against decent teams. We'll know where we stand not from this game but from our record at the end of the season.
I actually agree with most of this. Sometimes the snowball just starts rolling and there's nothing that can be done about it. We had a few of those in our favor under CPJ. Maybe there was a little of that in the Clemson game, but there was also a lot of "they really are that much better than we are and we apparently don't have any kind of scheme to mitigate our weaknesses."

I knew we were going to get blown out by Clemson - my goal for the game was to hold them under last year's total (52) and exceed our total from last year (14). We failed at both of those, but I was shocked that we failed at the former IN THE FIRST HALF. Ultimately, we'll judge this team on how many wins we end up with - we have a few games that are more "on our level," and if we win a few of those, I'll feel a lot better about the direction that we're moving in.

But at some point, this team and staff have to stop setting all-time, historically, once-in-a-lifetime BAD marks, too. There's losing, and there's not showing up. I can tolerate the former, but I can't take much more of the latter unless we start showing some surprising upside, too.

JRjr

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Maybe a little Seven Mary Three will hit home

ramblin_wreck08

Class of 2012
There is not a single player we have that Clemson wants. They are turning away four stars.
This is a myth. They go after the guys they want, regardless of stars (differentiating them from uga, who seems to rely on site ratings). There’s a healthy blend of 3 and 4 star guys on their roster right now, with a few 5 stars sprinkled in.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
This is the best Clemson team of all-time.

They have the #1 Draft pick at QB...some people say he’s the best QB prospect in the last 10 seasons.

And oh yeah, they only have the leading rusher in ACC history lined up right behind him. There’s no way they’ll lose another game but they’d be hard pressed to have another team this good ever again.

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
When exactly are you insinuating they ran up the score? When Trevor came out in the 3rd for just one series and didn’t score..?

when they had a back up freshman or PUNTER as QB and 2nd string in most of the second half?

that’s on our pitiful performance and pretty must quitting in the 4th.(tired idk)

This has nothing to do with them