Come off the ledge....

FatJacket

Helluva Engineer
Clemson did not run the score up on us because we are stealing recruits that they want. They ran up the score because they have better players and better coaches. Played all of their players. If anyone is butt hurt because of the score, be angry at our team and our coaches for not being better prepared to stop them. After all, that is our job.
we should have scheduled a 30 minute game instead of an hour game

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
The decent thing for Clemson to have done would have been to just run the ball 2nd half and burn up the clock, not sure wecouldhave stopped that either but whatever. I like Dabo a lot less now than before
Hehehe. He used Clempsen and decent in the same sentence. But the P5 schools have created thhis system. Dabo couldn't risk being passed in the polls by either Alabama or Georgia. Billions at stake.

GT 1950

Varsity Lurker
This is a myth. They go after the guys they want, regardless of stars (differentiating them from uga, who seems to rely on site ratings). There’s a healthy blend of 3 and 4 star guys on their roster right now, with a few 5 stars sprinkled in.
Entitled to your opinion. I stand by mine.. They suffered significant losses from last year and did not miss a beat. A very talented team across the board on offense and defense.

ramblin_wreck08

Class of 2012
Entitled to your opinion. I stand by mine.. They suffered significant losses from last year and did not miss a beat. A very talented team across the board on offense and defense.
Completely agree they are a very talented team across the board, but I believe it’s a combination of identifying potential AND coaching them up. Not just going after the most stars. Their current roster IS largely a blend of 3 and 4 stars with some 5 stars sprinkled in. It’s what they do with that talent once they get it that sets them apart.
662A4AAE-7DD3-4488-93B2-09AAFE3B8F0E.jpeg

CharlestonJacket

Varsity Lurker
WTH, Klempson is history, let's move on and support the players and coaches. No, they aren't perfect, but as fans neither are we. I'm not suggesting we view our players and coaches through rose colored glasses, we need to show them respect and appreciation, and let them know we're with them win or lose. We are either in this transition with them or we're not and I'm in.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
I like Dabo. Everyone made fun of a middle of the road ACC team who hadn’t won a Natty since 1981 when they hired a non-coordinator with a goofy name. We handed him his first loss and everyone was mocking Clemson. What did Dabo do in response? He went to freaking work. First, he united the fan base. Then he started fundraising like a mad man. And most important, the guy is likable and the players liked him from day 1. Then he started getting some recruits because the players liked him. Remember, Clemson went 6-7 in his second full year. So it took him 3 recruiting classes to get to 10 wins. Then his QB’s went Taj Boyd, DeShaun Watson, and Lawrence. Now, he has recruits lining up and burning up his phone and email to the point he doesn’t have to recruit - he just picks. Same as Saban and Kirby. Granted he can get any kid who makes the minimum qualifying score and he can keep them eligible in construction cone engineering but that’s what Clemson wants and he isn’t doing anything that every other school except a small handful is doing regarding fake students and fake degrees. I admire the job he has done because Clemson was an after thought. Now, they are the King. That’s pretty dang awesome.

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Completely agree they are a very talented team across the board, but I believe it’s a combination of identifying potential AND coaching them up. Not just going after the most stars. Their current roster IS largely a blend of 3 and 4 stars with some 5 stars sprinkled in. It’s what they do with that talent once they get it that sets them apart.
There are about 30 five star players a year. Even if you divided theirs among the last 5 classes they have 11/150 = 7+% of them. That is not "sprinkling"

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
I like Dabo. Everyone made fun of a middle of the road ACC team who hadn’t won a Natty since 1981 when they hired a non-coordinator with a goofy name. We handed him his first loss and everyone was mocking Clemson. What did Dabo do in response? He went to freaking work. First, he united the fan base. Then he started fundraising like a mad man. And most important, the guy is likable and the players liked him from day 1. Then he started getting some recruits because the players liked him. Remember, Clemson went 6-7 in his second full year. So it took him 3 recruiting classes to get to 10 wins. Then his QB’s went Taj Boyd, DeShaun Watson, and Lawrence. Now, he has recruits lining up and burning up his phone and email to the point he doesn’t have to recruit - he just picks. Same as Saban and Kirby. Granted he can get any kid who makes the minimum qualifying score and he can keep them eligible in construction cone engineering but that’s what Clemson wants and he isn’t doing anything that every other school except a small handful is doing regarding fake students and fake degrees. I admire the job he has done because Clemson was an after thought. Now, they are the King. That’s pretty dang awesome.
That's pretty much the blueprint... from clown to king. I'll let our fans decide where our coach falls.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
One more accolade for Dabo. When he did start his upward ascent, he got absolutely embarrassed by WV. Just an embarrassing ass beating for everyone to see. Clemson didn’t blow everything up. They doubled down on what they were doing and the rest is history.

rain

Dodd-Like
One more accolade for Dabo. When he did start his upward ascent, he got absolutely embarrassed by WV. Just an embarrassing ass beating for everyone to see. Clemson didn’t blow everything up. They doubled down on what they were doing and the rest is history.
And it was in a very visible bowl game. They had to live with that beat down for all spring and summer as it was the last game of the year.
We can get back on our horse this week.
The season still could provide an upset.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
Okay, I've come in off the ledge. I never realized that getting beaten by 66 points was, in fact, a positive indication that Clempsen is terrified of what we might become in the future.

GT 1950

Varsity Lurker
This what a mature program will do for you with experienced assistants and support staff. They get the most that can be gotten out of their stars and coach up role players impressively. It takes time and patience and not a little bit of money. I am certain, with no evidence, that they along with UGA, Alabama, LSU, and others pay players via the bagman route. We are never going to fish in those troubled waters. They can do that and have done it with impunity. IIWII

Tshirt Man

Varsity Lurker
The way I see it is if we can finish the year .500 or better, this game will be forgotten. It sucks now but by the end of the year, it is just one loss.

The historical losses are getting old and the excuses are starting to wear thin but it'll all be forgotten if we start seeing improvement this year and next. If the same öööö is happening year four, Collins seat will be getting pretty warm.

Also, grow a pair and stop bitching about dabo running up the score. If the punter can complete passes against us, then that's on us.

79tech

Damn Good Rat
I didnt watch the 2nd half becasue well ......... I'm not totally crazy. Did Clemson go for it on 4th down up 50 - the b*******sterds if true. I always liked Dabbo but this is ridiculous. Did GT quit? I think they did - when you know they are going to run the ball, you should be able to load the box up and stop it. Both teams are to blame but it is totally unacceptable for Clemson and GA Tech. Piss on Clemson for doing this. GT needs new coaching if It doesn't get better. Period.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I didnt watch the 2nd half becasue well ......... I'm not totally crazy. Did Clemson go for it on 4th down up 50 - the b*******sterds if true. I always liked Dabbo but this is ridiculous. Did GT quit? I think they did - when you know they are going to run the ball, you should be able to load the box up and stop it. Both teams are to blame but it is totally unacceptable for Clemson and GA Tech. Piss on Clemson for doing this. GT needs new coaching if It doesn't get better. Period.
Sooo....still on the ledge, then?