comments please (LINK)

I am just curious how you people read this. Certainly I understand the private website stuff and you play by their rules.

but with regards to paragraph #4 is the poster saying that when someone expresses an idea or a thought then it is ok to harass, condemn, threaten to expel from the site, ridicule etc.

and then is the poster saying that freedom of speech is that freedom of the people to ridicule, taunt etc.?

I am interested in the comments here about that post

I saw that, Why even waist time posting that kind of junk, especially on the Hive. He's a goof ball!
rocketlauncher.gif

but look at the responses he received. Look at paragraph 5 he says that banishments are welcome.

Is he saying that we should banish someone for having differing views?

the responses show that people believe he has accurately interpreted the constitution

"Dissenting opinions, cries for my banishment, disparaging names and ridicule are now welcome as they are a sign of the freedoms we enjoy. Good day."
I think he is being sarcastic, just trying to see what kind of response he could get. People that don't have more than that to do, need their on web site so they can post ill remarks to theirself all day.

Agree. He's being sarcastic / ironic. his statement of the real nature of "freedom of speech" was well done, I thought. Lots of people do seem to regard it as some sort of absolute rule, instead of as a constitutional protection of dissent from government.

I think that poster needs to drink a serious 12-pack and calm down. I myself got into it with Mtn Wasp this morning about a similar issue. I told him people need to stop overreacting when someone posts something you don't like.

But anyway, I wouldn't worry. A site with as many fonts as the Hive is just gonna have threads like this.
drinking.gif

puke.gif

TTTT, I get sick and tired of some of those posters who just like to hear themselves "talk". If I want to learn about freedom of speech, The Hive is the last site I will seek out!

U r right! That guy needs to take a break. It is all a game.

However, personally, I think it is rude to taunt, ridicule, intimidate, etc. just because someone posted something you don't agree with. Civility might be of more use than freedom of speech.
wink.gif
wink.gif

Back