Commit #18 - OL Weston Franklin

Which board would be Geoff Collins' favorite. StingTalk, BBuzzoff, From the rumble seat, The Hive, the Swarm? I will hang up and listen.
Too many idiots that know nothing about football around here for him to be a fan.

I suspect he likes individual posts that support his goals and dislikes individual posts that make his job harder, much more than the individual boards. However if a prospective recruit asks him if he would recommend ST, I bet he would give that little pursed lip look that he has when he bites into an unripe lemon but does not want to offend the host, and give a shuddering shake "no" of his head.

Not because of the recent Nazification of the board mods, but they are really not helping, either.

Last edited:
On Weston, I obviously like his size and physicality, and he has enough movement skills to start early. More than that, I really like his position flexibility. His best attribute is really sticky hands already and he grabs inside his body as much as the officials allow.

I don't see natural left tackle movement, but he has good footwork and pass pro technique and he could play there. Heck, he might start there if he were on campus right now. I would be happy with him at rot and thrilled at c. If he plays at og he will excel.

The only clear flaw is common. Against short opponents (that he does not drive into the ground), he starts his block fine but his butt pops up and he loses leverage. Low man wins, and that is hard to maintain with a six inch height difference sometimes. I also don't see the lateral mobility I want. He is mobile but I don't see him change directions. I also don't see him slide to help linemates, but that might be the video selections. All we got was him destroying whatever was in his path.

That's what I see. Wish Jacket for Life was still around to give his insights.

If his tape was from IMG last yr,they play good teams A LOT.If he was doing that to good players,he could start as a FR here..

Back