Commit #18 - OL Weston Franklin

My post was a double reference to a Stingtalk meme in case you didn't get it.
Perhaps a public forum is not the best place for a meme joke that even seasoned StinGTalkers didn't get in a thread designed to celebrate the 2nd highest recruit in the class with a joke that appears to be a deliberate jab at his name. Ask yourself: how will this look to somebody who stops by to see how we received the news of his commitment?

Perhaps a public forum is not the best place for a meme joke that even seasoned StinGTalkers didn't get in a thread designed to celebrate the 2nd highest recruit in the class with a joke that appears to be a deliberate jab at his name. Ask yourself: how will this look to somebody who stops by to see how we received the news of his commitment?
...its always the Russian.

uh oh

Last edited:
Random folks stopping by the board and seeing anonymous fans say alarming things is... a wildly overblown concern around here.

Good grief! Have I been pouring my orange juice out of the carton incorrectly my whole life? What kind of crazy Florida way to pour juice is that?

The cartons with the pyramid style tops would not work this way, so I'll say that no you haven't been doing it wrong your whole life. Just since these style tops were invented.

1597676694357.gif

Got any anecdotal evidence for me?

We've been presented as evidence in an NCAA investigation before. So there's that. We have also heard from former players that they and their families read the board while they were on the team. For many reasons, they choose not to post here, but it isn't because they are totally aloof to what we say.

The degree of the impact of our interactions with persons of significance is debatable, but it isn't zero, by any stretch.

The degree of the impact of our interactions with persons of significance is debatable, but it isn't zero, by any stretch.
Why is it necessary to point out to our own fans that content which could potentially undermine our recruiting efforts could potentially undermine our recruiting efforts?

Even if the subject of the post doesn't see it or their family doesn't see it or they see it and laugh it off, what is to stop those whom we recruit against from adding it to their stack of negative recruiting clippings. Oh, look what those folks say about their own commits and players.

I can not believe that this needs explaining.

Why is it necessary to point out to our own fans that content which could potentially undermine our recruiting efforts could potentially undermine our recruiting efforts?

Even if the subject of the post doesn't see it or their family doesn't see it or they see it and laugh it off, what is to stop those whom we recruit against from adding it to their stack of negative recruiting clippings. Oh, look what those folks say about their own commits and players.

I can not believe that this needs explaining.
Still don’t believe it.

Random folks stopping by the board and seeing anonymous fans say alarming things is... a wildly overblown concern around here.
Random fans dropping by this board already understand the Tech psyche.

We've been presented as evidence in an NCAA investigation before. So there's that. We have also heard from former players that they and their families read the board while they were on the team. For many reasons, they choose not to post here, but it isn't because they are totally aloof to what we say.

Which board would be Geoff Collins' favorite. StingTalk, BBuzzoff, From the rumble seat, The Hive, the Swarm? I will hang up and listen.

Back