commitment111

Yes! Welcome Nick Moore, LB/FB from Arlington TX. He and Jimmy Dixon went to same HS.

thanks for the news, techrod.

how do you see the rest of the class shaping up? what positions will Gailey & co. look to fill? bringing in 3 QB's was certainly needed. I hope that GT can hold onto R. Grant and get another good back. any thoughts?

Good question GT98. I'm interested to hear what techrod has to say about this as well.

I haven't got a good finger on where the rest of our ships will go. Just a guess with feeling we have 10 more 'ships:

Total
2 OLs 5
1 LBS 3 - one could be full back?
2 DBs 3 - one could be Safety
1 WR 1
1 DT 3
1 DE 2
1 RB 2
1 QB 4- all could play other positions but
get look at QB first to compete.
----

Not sure why these numbers shifted like that, but numbers on left are what we will add. Numbers on right on total for the class which ends up at 23.

This is all just a guess. I could be way off.
wink.gif

GT98, I think Chan will recruit positions of need, which I think #1 would be DB. #2 LB #3rb. This is where I think more numbers. I really like Grant and Choice or Thornton would be great. Scott out of Daytona would be huge, but we haven't had much luck with a couple of kids we did sign from there. But Scott to me would be the biggest signee in a while, because of who he is and the need at his position. I don't know a lot about Moore, but I do believe I read where he had some good offers. Grayden would be big here. I really want Price badly for he is pretty highly thought of. The qbs so far is also huge for us. Great athleticism and they were each recruited highly except Pena committed so early that criteria doesn't mean much with him,but apparently he is a very gifted athlete. All in all I am very pleased so far. There is still a long way to go though. Oh by the way Wrotto in the short time I saw the champ. game didn't play much and someone else on one of the boards said he mostly played off. Well he did play the first series on def. and it looked to me like on the second play one of the Park. players blocked him low and he may have twisted a knee or ankle. Just enough to make him ineffective the rest of the way. jmo

Agree with techrod.... feelings on Scott. I'm feeling like Price is going to MSU now.

Techrod is right that they will recruit needs and mark them by priority.

GREAT article which talks about Nick Moore! -----Link Here

MaxEmfinger(sp) recruiting has him as a 4 Star LB.

Posted on The Hive by NawlinsJacket.

Originally posted by hiveredtech:
172 tackles his senior year...and he also plays FB.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">OK OK! I know he hasn't played a down here, but that get's me excited.

GTT, I hope you are wrong about Price. Unless there is another hoss out there that Chan is rec. this would be blow. But in the other area of concern with the LBS. with what I have read on Moore he is high on my list now!! He really sounds terrific: perfect size, toughness, and the needed position. I am interested in his other offers, but at this point I have seen enough to believe he is a very good addition.

techrod,

thanks for the info. and to GTTerrific as well. again, i do not follow recruiting too closely other than looking at how else offered a kid that chose to come to GT. let's hope that gailey and staff can use the momentum over the last few weeks to land some more (potentially) good players in Jan.
smile.gif

Ramblinwise and GT98, I am not a computer whiz or I would try to link over from the other board. Without direct quotes from a newspaper article(if I may do this) a former football coach now writer wrote of toughness and ability to get to the next level (NFL). He mentioned a player named Roy Williams who had this, but there didn't seem to be too many with these attributes of which I also left out the desire to excel, but he said Nick Moore had these very same qualities.

Moore's offers as follows: Wisconson, Iowa St. Tech, and Colorada St. 172 tackles, 5 sacks, 5 caused fumbles, 4 recovered, and 4 rushing tds at fullback. Good numbers!

Back