Congrats to Major Applewhite.

**DONOTDELETE**

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
He has proven that a winner can overcome a less than intelligent coach, a golden haired benchwarmer, and a superbowl-ring-wearing daddy that politics and interferes with the probable success of a very talented team so he can watch his little boy play. Treatment of Applewhite this year is a blight on the football history of Texas.

BeeStorm

I assume you are saying that Phil Simms interfered with the QB selection process. If that's true, and I have no way of knowing that, then it's a blight on Mack Brown. Let's hope that Mack picked Chris because he thought Chris was the better QB and not because of pressure from Father Simms. Mack walked into a hornet's nest when he took that job...be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

Applewhite is a winner, pure and simple. After the season he had as a sophomore, I don't see how he could ever be replaced. Simms is a good QB except in big games, and that won't get it done in Longhorn-ville.

sometimes you can have a hegemonic influence, meaning that by your very existance you influence policy.

Here b/c of Simms having a superbowl mvp father he was pushed to the front. w/o this lineage they would not have benced the big 12 player of the year. If you are the best person in your conference you probably start on most teams

Back