Conspiracy Theory Time

Back in 2018 when Brent Key was hired there were some rumblings on message boards about how Key came to Tech to coach as head coach and that the boosters promised him that he would get the job if Collins didn’t work out. What if Key sabotaged the OL and anything else he had control of over the past 4 years so it would come to this. What if everything that happened was by design?

57DC22A1-B919-4461-A5AD-A1AD44F435C2.gif

All hail Emperor PalpaKey.
No offense thatbut is the dumbest theory I have heard in awhile.

Back in 2018 when Brent Key was hired there were some rumblings on message boards about how Key came to Tech to coach as head coach and that the boosters promised him that he would get the job if Collins didn’t work out. What if Key sabotaged the OL and anything else he had control of over the past 4 years so it would come to this. What if everything that happened was by design?

57DC22A1-B919-4461-A5AD-A1AD44F435C2.gif

All hail Emperor PalpaKey.
You are missing quite a bit and Key is no Palpatine. Remember the rule of two?

The stadium debt is much more crippling than Collins buyout. Who insisted on the expansion?

Who did Key play for?

Who vouched for Collins who hired Key?

Who was interim before becoming head coach after BL?

Who does Brent Key look like?

Smart sand bagged the first half just enough to fool us into thinking, hey, losing to UGA by just over three TDs is a win.

Weren't they at Bama at the same time too? Hrm...
The 3 main events that got Key this job was the victories over Pitt and North Carolina and the first half against UGA. I can’t imagine the 2 coaches at NC and Pitt giving a darn about who gets the job at Tech. Smart on the other hand likes Key and I think knew him at Alabama. Smart knew his team would be strong enough to come back and win in the second half of COFH. He wasn’t that excited when his team got behind in the first half. He didn’t even have to get his pull back guy into action. I think Smart gave Key the first half.

The hat he wears is old. I bought one in the first year of the Adidas contract.

Yeah I know, this would be to set up the re-release, bigger than any Disney movie coming out of “the vault”…

My biggest “Adidas apparel is seasonal and is only around for a year“ regret, There was a dry fit hat released two cycles ago I think that had navy blue or white options, and just said “tech” in gold letters… I was always getting around to buying it but never did. Now I check eBay every few months just to see…

Yeah I know, this would be to set up the re-release, bigger than any Disney movie coming out of “the vault”…

My biggest “Adidas apparel is seasonal and is only around for a year“ regret, There was a dry fit hat released two cycles ago I think that had navy blue or white options, and just said “tech” in gold letters… I was always getting around to buying it but never did. Now I check eBay every few months just to see…

Maybe they can get the shade of gold correct for next year.

Saban planted Key at Tech under CGC knowing that he would get the head job when CGC flamed out. That way Key can get enough head coaching experience to take over at Bama when Saban retires in 3 years. Bringing Goose in as OC will then make him Key's replacement when Key goes to Bama.

Back