Continental Tire is a much better Bowl than Tangerine

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
The Tangerine's play date is just plain out 'screwed up'. The Orlando Bowl is on Monday before Christmas. No way in Hades could I make that game. The locals don't attend the Tangerine so there's more vacant seats than taken seats, which is the only bright pt of the Bowl, u can move to pretty good sight lines.
The Continental is on Sat, 2 days after Christmas. I'll be there for that one. It's in a city that wants to be associated with football. It's drivable from nearly all ACC cities. This Bowl just has a lot more charisma & more going for it. A Va Tech, w Va, Pitt, Bos Coll has more appeal than a #6 Big 12 team. This Bowl will be a big success.

not so fast my good friend....While I will agree the date sux for the Tangerine, it has a much better ring to it, it is in a much better climate, a better opponent (Big 12 teams rarely play ACC in regular season) and looks a lot better on the Wardlaw than the Tire bowl. If they would name it the "Queen City Bowl" (or similar) sponsored by CT then it would not sound so bush. The Tangerine bowl has SO much potential with only the date of the game getting in its way. BTW..the only reason the date is even an issue is that people love to have an excuse not to put forth effort to support a team. Tech just needs more DOERS and fewer EXCUSERS in its fan base.

U didn't address the total dearth of local support for the Tangerine vs the large local support for the ConTire. I think the city of Charlotte has a lot better chance than the 2nd Bowl in Orlando.
If Orlando doesn't want the Tangerine to compete against their precious Capitol One Bowl (sounds as bad as the Continental Tire) then they 'could' play the Tangerine on Sat, the 20th. They'd have much larger attendence & many more 'doers' with less 'excusers'.

Back