Couldn't pull for UGA today.

techfowl

Jolly Good Fellow
Couldn\'t pull for UGA today.

I had this bright idea that I wanted UGA to win out until us so that, if we won, it would be against a good UGA team - no excuses.

I'm not sure I was being completely honest with myself. I heard that game on the radio and it may as well have been a Tech game. On any given Saturday, I've decided that I love any team playing UGA almost as much as I love Tech - for those 60 football minutes.

Ron Zook was my Chan Gailey today.

Nick Saban was a good Chan Gailey, too.

I think I hate these guys too much to try to think strategicly. I want them to have excuses - I want them to feel cheated.

Zero Sum game - anything bad for UGA is Good for us and anything good for UGA is bad for us.

I hope we play a terrible UGA team every year.

I hope to see trembling Tommy B... er, uh, Mark Richt, up there making excuses days before the game and their fans after the game saying, "The ref's cheated us!" I want them to feel utter dispair.

One day a year - I don't care how we win - I don't care about strength of schedule - I just want them violently trampled with zero remorse.

Re: Couldn\'t pull for UGA today.

I never root for them, period.

You can draw a number of parallels between Florida under Zook and Tech under Gailey. I'm not analyzing much more than what's on the surface so I'm sure there are plenty of differences, but when you look at the way their season has been shaking out, you can find a few common elements between the two programs.

drinking.gif

The worse they do, the better I feel. I just wish we had played and won today so I could read the paper over and over and take in all the excuses

I'm with you JJ. I want the mongrels to loose period period. Yep I know double word but I hate so much I want a double whammy on em.

I have some good ugag friends who want us to do well until we play, and obviously some good GT friends who feel that way about ugag. I just can't. I can not do anything but hope for them to lose. I hope it hurts.

Because of my daughter at UGAg, I've always been rather neutral. In general, pulled for them when they were not playing Tech. However, listening to all the excuses, insults, profanities, etc., that their fans have been verbalizing this year... I'm certainly not wasting valuable time supporting them anymore.

We have made some good friends at UGAg but... based on personal experience, the general IQ of the average UGAg football fan is equivalent to that of a turnip (in many cases... turnips are actually smarter). We've actually seen the physical results of some of their fights on campus when they go into game weekend 'get drunk and party mode'.

If Tech looses a game, we'll be man enough to congratulate the opponent and move on. Unlike UGAg, we won't whine and constantly make excuses.

BuzzB

I have stated many times on this board
my dis-dain for UGAG!! Any time they
lose no matter who they are playing
makes for a pleasant day for me.

Just wish that some of our other fans
felt the same way as you guys and I
do about those SOB's!

-----------------------
"So I said, 'I know what we'll do. We'll
go to the University of Georgia, anybody
can get in there." - Robert Lee Dodd from
the book, Dodd's Luck.

Now u're talking with a clear head, Techfowl.

I am in Ohio so did anyone hear me yelling for the Gators. As I have stated before, GT is my first love and the Gators a rather distant second but the Gators have chomped the Mutts. Enjoyed seeing the anguish on the faces of the Mongrels during the final seconds of the game.
tongue.gif
wink.gif

GT has a lot of work to do before the 28th but I feel that the UGAg puppies can be vanquished.

THWG THWG
drinking.gif
drinking.gif

I walked by a UGAy fan today going into Cracker Barrel. I was tempted to shout, "13 of 14!"

Originally posted by Thunder:
I walked by a UGAy fan today going into Cracker Barrel. I was tempted to shout, "13 of 14!"
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL Thunder...you should have!! I've been tempted to do the Gator chomp all day, but have not knowing that WE still have to play them!
drinking.gif

My boss is a UGA fan who also pulls for Tech and a couple of other Dawgs I know also think Tech is OK. Unlike them, I absolutely can't pull for UGA. I lay real low around them after a Dawg loss, because they are nice to me, but I really want to jump up and down with glee. Yesterday was the first time I have watched a complete UGA game(except vs us) in at least ten years. I did have to flip to another game briefly each time they started rerunning that Jackass Munson's Lindsey Scott fluke play. To me they stand for all that is evil in college sports. They give cars, cash, women, houses, you name it in recruiting. They have no academics for football players. Their fans are the most digusting band of drunken rednecks you will ever see. They absolutely see nothing wrong with firing the President for not renewing Vince Dooley's contract. Vince Dooley, one of the biggest liars in college athletics, a man who lived on pre-Jan Kemp remedial studies, a man who dropped out of politics after he propositioned an under cover GBI agent, a man who oversees a corrupt program that is always on the fringe of probation. I absolutely and totally detest them.

To me, UGA fans give you no choice. Now I know there are good UGA fans like at any school, but UGA has FAR more bad fans than any other university that I have ever been exposed to.

The funny thing is, I have spent time at UF, and Clemson, and they'll tell you that the worse fans that they get exposed to are UGA fans. I've also lived in Tenn and had a LOT of Tenn fans tell me the same thing about UGA fans.

They (UGA) fans will likely say things like "All programs have their bad fans, UGA is no different", but it seems clear that there IS a difference.

Then, in my case, I'll miss a couple of UGA games and get soft - or indifferent towards UGA, then about 5 minutes upon arriving at a UGA game I suddenly remember why I pull against them EVERY time

I know why I always pull against them. Because half the Tech/UGAly games I have attended in adulthood, I have been challenged to a fight at some point by a sloppy-drunk-pissed-off-we-lost gonna-beat-up-a-Tech-Geek-Redneck (of course they also want to beat you up to celebrate a victory also). Unless I'm just a magnet for it or something.

To Hell with Georgia!

I watched the Georgia-Florida game yesterday from Jacksonville's Landing. In a general sense I do like the Dawgs in any game except against Tech...then I want to drive them off the face of the earth to put it nicely. Anytime we beat Georgia at recruiting and on the field I am generally a much nicer guy to be around....but anyway back to the Georgia-Florida game. I had never experienced the "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" till this past weekend and I can honestly say the anger from the Dawg fans losing did not compare with the Gator fans obnoxious behavior at winning! I could have mistaken them easily for either being New York born and bred Yankee fans or any Tennessee Volunteer booster. I am glad I was not sitting there rooting for Florida because I would not want to be mistaken for one of them. I believe in being at least courteous to our opponents when Tech wins. This shows class in my opinion. And I saw very little class from the majority of the Gator fans. I saw a very large amount of alcahol fueled but good spirited pregame banter from the Georgia fans but AFTER the game was lost they showed much more class than Gator fans in winning. The Georgia fans obviously was bitter but they kept it to themselves....All in all it is one heck of a event built around the game and I wish we had a comparable show. I would support a Tech-F$U game down in Jacksonville yearly if it is ever brought up again. Heck....might even change our luck.

Actually had to tell a UGAg buddy of mine to stop being an UGAly winner to a UT friend after their Tennessee victory - so that train runs both ways. I hate to see the smirking and constant barrage of crap that they like to talk after a win. I value my friendships so I am generally hands off the smack to my NC (He goes every other year to BDS with me)and UGAg friends after a victory, although the UGAg ones were merciless to me after last year. Of course the three game streak we had was a secret plot on the part of the officials to give Tech victories against UGAg - if you listen to them.

As for the NC fan buddy. I STILL have to hear that Peppers DID NOT face mask Godsey and of course Peppers was being held on each and every play. Looked like being manhandled to me. I just let it go.

I am not trying to change anyones opinion of the typical Georgia fan. But I can compare the Florida fans with the Florida State fans. Steve Spurriur maybe gone but his attitude lives inside the Gator nation. Florida State fans in general have always been very complimentary in my experiences with them at every game I have been to between the Seminoles and Tech. Complimentary almost to a fault as if they was apologizing for winning. That has been the Seminole fan in my experiences with them....can't say that about the typical Gator fan....not after yesterday.

Back