Couldn't pull for UGA today.

Re: Couldn\'t pull for UGA today.

UGAg Only fell 5 spots?? That sucks! I was at 6 Flags all day yesterday, with a buddy, and his two(Who are now mine, for obvious reasons)buddies that go to Tech. We came back to GT to drop them off, with a little bit of time left, and went into Rocky Mntn pizza, and watched the end of the Gators/leghumpers. I was telling my dad when I got home, that I had never seen as much support for Fla. WHILE PLAYING UGAg in one place in ga in my life! It was GREAT!!! I think one guy even said "Theres the GREEN David GREENE" when he got sacked there late. and there was OF COURSE one mangey Mutt fan who went on to say..."Wait till the 29th" very softly...I guess as he was leaveing, b/c I dididnt see him again. Go Jackets! Go Gators! Go Auburn! Go Kentucky! BTW...What a grewat game b/t Kentucky and Arkansas last night!!!

First of all - To Hell With Georgia.

I'm for anybody playing them. To Hell With Them and every one of their stinking fans.

I only wish they could get down to the tiebreaker where the AD's get to vote to see who goes - then we will see poetic justice come to all those UGA fans who taunt, commit acts of vandalism on visiting cars, whine about visiting seat arrangements, go head to head with cops, and in general just show their ass toward a visitor as if a college football game is some sort of gang warfare and that the rest of the general population of mature adults walk around looking for a fight.

Hey Kennesaw Kid, I would like to know more about this Dooley approaching an undercover GBI agent.
What's up?

Originally posted by techfowl:
I had this bright idea that I wanted UGA to win out until us so that, if we won, it would be against a good UGA team - no excuses.

I'm not sure I was being completely honest with myself. I heard that game on the radio and it may as well have been a Tech game. On any given Saturday, I've decided that I love any team playing UGA almost as much as I love Tech - for those 60 football minutes.
Ron Zook was my Chan Gailey today.

Nick Saban was a good Chan Gailey, too.

I think I hate these guys too much to try to think strategicly. I want them to have excuses - I want them to feel cheated.

Zero Sum game - anything bad for UGA is Good for us and anything good for UGA is bad for us.

I hope we play a terrible UGA team every year.

I hope to see trembling Tommy B... er, uh, Mark Richt, up there making excuses days before the game and their fans after the game saying, "The ref's cheated us!" I want them to feel utter dispair.

One day a year - I don't care how we win - I don't care about strength of schedule - I just want them violently trampled with zero remorse.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I really TRY to pull for UGA when they are not playing Tech, because my oldest son went there (my youngest is a Tech grad). But will all the crap you have to take from their redneck fans when they are doing well, I just can't do it!

I am surrounded by ugag fans at work - obnoxious ugag fans if you'll excuse the redundancy. Anyway, ugag could be playing terrorists and my American allegiance would be tested! I will never want them to win anything - EVER!
My three year old daughter called her Uncle Tim after the ugag/FL game Saturday and said, "to hell with Georgia" over the phone. I know I shouldn't teach her to say "hell" at such a tender age but....I just hope the DFACS agent is a GT fan!
GO JACKETS! TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!
drinking.gif

GO GATORS!!!

My two favorite teams are TECH and whoever's playing Georgia.
drinking.gif

puke.gif
UGAg

Stateline, I made one trip to see us play FSU in Tallahassee, and was pleasantly surprised. I really found the FSU fans to be extremely passionate about their own team, but not a-holistic, like UGA fans, when they won. It would be interesting to get a UF fan's opinion of FSU fans. I'm sure their attitude is different when they play UF.

Originally posted by Herr Goldshields:
Stateline, I made one trip to see us play FSU in Tallahassee, and was pleasantly surprised. I really found the FSU fans to be extremely passionate about their own team, but not a-holistic, like UGA fans, when they won. It would be interesting to get a UF fan's opinion of FSU fans. I'm sure their attitude is different when they play UF.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Am I mistaken by reading too much into these posts? Almost appears to be a certain mutual respect between most ACC teams. Kinda of breaks down when an ACC team plays an SEC team. The bottom just falls out and all hell breaks loose when two SEC teams play each other. Is there a noticeable trend here or is it just me?

BuzzB

Born and raised in Metro Atlanta, Tucker was the town. Uncle played for Wally Butts and drove us crazy as kids about UGA. I went to Tech, go married in 1980, left the reception in The Rambling Reck and it was 10 years before I would let the Wife buy any clothes that were red.

Heck, I would pull for the Socalist and Communist before I would cheer or pull for UGA. I would quit work if the company car was red.
wink.gif

Depends on who it is Bomb and where you happen to sit. I've met Clemson fans who are decent and then there was the case of the asshole who sat beside me two years ago. Same with UVA. I always thought they were supposed to be upper crust, genteel sort until they emptied the trailer park for the contingent beside me at BDS.

As for the SEC, there is one bunch of low-lifes that actually come close to the crassness of Georgia, close, but no one can dethrone them, and that is LSU.

Generally I've found Auburn and Ole Miss to be a decent sort.

Georgia is in a class of their own.

Originally posted by Father WASP:
Depends on who it is Bomb and where you happen to sit. I've met Clemson fans who are decent and then there was the case of the asshole who sat beside me two years ago. Same with UVA. I always thought they were supposed to be upper crust, genteel sort until they emptied the trailer park for the contingent beside me at BDS.

As for the SEC, there is one bunch of low-lifes that actually come close to the crassness of Georgia, close, but no one can dethrone them, and that is LSU.

Generally I've found Auburn and Ole Miss to be a decent sort.

Georgia is in a class of their own.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The Georgia fans may have their own class Father Wasp but in my honest judgement it is still one slot below Tennesse and Florida's. I have experienced Tennessee's abusive brand of obnoxious behavior too many times because I live at the border and they are public enemy #1. Florida Gators....goodness I was kind of shocked by their behavior. Basically I remembered the day in July 1996 when I was foolish enough to wear a Boston Red Sox hat into the right field bleachers of Yankee Stadium. Has anyone here ever had hundreds of people stand up and cuss you out when all you did was leave your seat for a nature call and another beer? Trust me it is a little unnerving....The Gator fans response when Saturdays game with Georgia was over brought back to me that day in Yankee Stadium.

Back