CPJ on NCAA

“They tried to say that he [the assistant coach] was directing players to agents,” Johnson said. “He even asked me if I was directing players to agents. I told him, ‘Dude, I don’t even know what you’re talking about.’ ”

:laugher:

When the mutts up 316 support us in appealing the loss of a championship, you know we're in the right. Go CPJ! We are all motivated for this season now.

Hmm, that's new.

Where the hell does NCAA come up with these things?

I also wonder if their questioning of our assistant coach was before or after the John Blake scandal at UNC.

Guarantee: because of the scumbag swofford and his bitch marcus wilson - UNCheat will get no punishment relative to GT.

The assumption here is that the NCAA was not expecting a warm embrace. Maybe they’ve just got a thing about bluntness.
“If you went out and you did something to gain a competitive advantage, if you knew you cheated or you paid somebody, it might be easier to swallow,” Johnson said. “But when you don’t feel like you’ve done anything wrong, it’s tough to take.”
I think this explains a lot. When you're guilty of something, you act very nice and go along with the process hoping for leniency. When you're innocent, you're not so kind and welcoming. And then they hit you for not cooperating, oh the irony.

I think this explains a lot. When you're guilty of something, you act very nice and go along with the process hoping for leniency. When you're innocent, you're not so kind and welcoming. And then they hit you for not cooperating, oh the irony.

I don't know about that. CPJ is talking about why he sounds so bitter and arrogant and angry about the ruling not about the manner in which they "welcomed" the investigator. I would think that if you are completely innocent and know it, you gladly throw open all doors for the NCAA with a big ol' happy face. "Take a look if you want, but there's nothin' here."

I don't know about that. CPJ is talking about why he sounds so bitter and arrogant and angry about the ruling not about the manner in which they "welcomed" the investigator. I would think that if you are completely innocent and know it, you gladly throw open all doors for the NCAA with a big ol' happy face. "Take a look if you want, but there's nothin' here."

You could be right.

On the other hand, maybe they felt like... "With all the crap going on at other places why are you (NCAA) here?"

In a world where providing bagels to athletes is acceptable but providing cream cheese to put on the bagels is a violation, nobody is completely innocent.

You do that the next time you are under investigation for anything and see what happens.

Innocence has very little to do with the outcome of a lot of investigations.

You do that the next time you are under investigation for anything and see what happens.

+1

I remember a McKinsey consultant using a phrase once, "you are either the shark, or you are the shark food".

Don't be shark food.

So its ok to do this to the NCAA investigator when he comes around:

291j18k.jpg

Back