Crayon shortage

I made a comment about this to someone and he tried to argue PE is a difficult major. His argument: “I took baseball and had to read the entire rule book.” Then he said, “did you know that if you use your hat to catch a ball it’s a three base error?”

No, I didn’t know that because in college I studied solving the partial differential equations that govern the wave functions of a quantum mechanical system. But, yeah, baseball rules sound hard.

I get the point, but I doubt very many of our players are doing that either. M train still a lot tougher than Child & Family Development though.

I get the point, but I doubt very many of our players are doing that either. M train still a lot tougher than Child & Family Development though.
You don’t think Jeff Sims could use partial differential equations to figure out the optimal biodelivery nanoparticle for a new therapeutic?

Nick Saban has always taken great pride in enforcing that his players attend class, complete their coursework, keep their grades up, and balance being a football player in his program with also being a full-time college student.

Every semester, a yearly tradition has become coach Saban posing with players of his that have earned their degree, and this semester fifteen Crimson Tide football players walked in graduation.

One of the things Kirby didn't take from his time at Bama under Saban. It has got to be hard to convince a Dwag that education is of value.

One of the things Kirby didn't take from his time at Bama under Saban. It has got to be hard to convince a Dwag that education is of value.
Can’t abandon your morals when you don’t have any.

I linked the workaround to the paywall in the second post but also provided you with a response to your “point” since I anticipated the uga defense mob’s response. Explain Bama.
Yeah its a fair point. However, I am neither defending nor attacking UGA because grad rates are a farce anyway for nearly 100% of D1 football. If a player graduates from your school but is literally reading/writing/mathing at a middle school level (or worse), has he really been "educated"? Seriously, nearly all of these athletes take dipshit classes in bullshit majors that will accomplish nothing in life other than to say I'm a college grad. If they don't make the pros, they will then go work a job they could have done with a HS (or less) education. I totally get that one out of X players that are actually taking advantage of their educational opportunity probably makes it worth it in the end but it's still a farce as a whole.

Yeah its a fair point. However, I am neither defending nor attacking UGA because grad rates are a farce anyway for nearly 100% of D1 football. If a player graduates from your school but is literally reading/writing/mathing at a middle school level (or worse), has he really been "educated"? Seriously, nearly all of these athletes take dipshit classes in bullshit majors that will accomplish nothing in life other than to say I'm a college grad. If they don't make the pros, they will then go work a job they could have done with a HS (or less) education. I totally get that one out of X players that are actually taking advantage of their educational opportunity probably makes it worth it in the end but it's still a farce as a whole.
It's extra farcey cause the system with APR actively discourages taking any variety of real majors.

It looks like athletes who go pro are removed from the cohort. That makes low graduation rates look even worse because you can't use the "we put everyone in the NFL" excuse.

GSR measures the success of an athletics department in graduating its student-athletes within a six-year period. Unlike Federal Graduation Rate, which assesses only first-time, full-time freshmen, GSR also includes transfer students and mid-year enrollees in the sample. Student-athletes who leave an institution while in good academic standing before exhausting athletics eligibility are removed from the cohort of their initial institution (essentially passed to another squad’s GSR cohort if they transfer and removed altogether in the case of early departures for professional careers). The GSR provides a more complete and accurate look at actual student-athlete success by taking into account the full variety of participants in Division I athletics and tracking their academic outcomes.

So when all you have to learn is, ' would you like fries with that?' how the hell can you fail?

Oops it is Athens Senior High School. So now after playing D1 football for 6 years and not going to the Pro, what the hell you gonna do in life?
Hang out, öööö, smoke weed and drink. WTF do you think they do? You’re talking about people that nobody around them has dick. Perhaps they get into stealing or selling drugs to make some money. A few of the more enterprising ones get into construction or lawn care to earn an honest living, the rare few coach HS or are lucky enough to have family or friends give them a shot. Not like most of them are gonna have careers. Like Terry Bradshaw, they couldn’t spell cat if you spotted them the c & t.

How does Clemson have the highest GSR of every team in the country? I guess even the dumbest athletes can finish sports management, parks and Rec or turf mgt degree programs in 6 years. Doesn’t UGA have the same bogus degree programs?

Couldn't read the article because of paywall but if the graduation stats don't account for the dozens of UGA players who jump to the league then it's kind of a useless stat. UGA puts dozens into the NFL each year and it would explain why they are at the bottom of graduation list. Only out of personal pride/goals would you finish your degree once you already have enough money for a lifetime.
Dozens?

notsureifsrs.jpg

The upside is that the last thing this country needs is UGA football idiots in jobs that require college degrees

How does Clemson have the highest GSR of every team in the country? I guess even the dumbest athletes can finish sports management, parks and Rec or turf mgt degree programs in 6 years. Doesn’t UGA have the same bogus degree programs?

Clemson has a low attrition rate, and they push kids to graduate. Dabo has done a lot of positive things there

All curriculum are equal in the eyes of these kinds of measurements. Even if the curriculum doesn't exist.

Back