craziest thing about the UNC game

ylojk8

Helluva Engineer
PJ Daniels.

rushed for 240 yards in this game. the 2nd highest rushing total in the history of Tech football.

you know what makes me scratch my head .. how does a running back gain 240 yards .. i mean 240 yards .. that's running the entire length of the field twice over and then some ..

and not have a single rushing touchdown! LOL

good thing he got a passing touch down otherwise PJ would have no TDs to show for his remarkable day.

I found it strange that we would march the ball downfield with PJ and then start passing towards the endzone when we got close. The passes on first down really had me grumbling when we seemed to be jamming it down their throats running.

It's called a team effort. And he did take the team up and down the field didn't he? That last twenty yards sure changes the "mass movement variables of the team". I'm really glad he did get the opportunity to score. PJ is a good reminder for any athlete that is determined to excel - it's there for the taking.

Originally posted by JJacket:
I found it strange that we would march the ball downfield with PJ and then start passing towards the endzone when we got close. The passes on first down really had me grumbling when we seemed to be jamming it down their throats running.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Exactly. Did the same thing last week and not only was it counter-productive but it killed us.

The pass play by Fred was inspired though.

Agree that I was just as annoyed we would pass and kill a drive where it looked like there was no way that they could stop us. OLine just blew the light blue wussies off the ball all day. Passing on 3rd and short is plain stupid when you have PJ and our line unless we're playing a much more dominant defense. Probably 40% of passes are not going to connect on 3rd down, and in those cases you have killed your own drive.

As for PJ not scoring, that's because he is not a breakaway type runner, doesn't have the speed to break the long one for a TD and doesn't have the moves. Justs bangs away and gets his first downs. Close to the goal line most competent teams will load up on the line and stop the bangers, hence we resort to more passing in the red zone, but we might not have needed too yesterday.

In the words of Vince Dooley (that farking bastage) "There are three things that can happen when you pass the ball, and two of them are bad."

Back