Crucial coaching Decision...

**DONOTDELETE**

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Crucial coaching decision.. When to take the team to Provo.. Heard somewhere that when teams travel it is best to become acclimated to a new area & avoid jet lag if they either fly in the same day (this isn't practical here) or a few days before... Supposedly flying in the day before is the worst... With the altitude in Provo this magnifies....I'd like to see us go there on Monday afternoon & settle in.. Stay at a small college that hasn't started school yet if availalble... Any thoughts on this... ?

I understand the need to be acclimated to the weather there, however, it may depend on the cost of feeding and accomodations for several days.

wink.gif

Cost is a consideration without a doubt but it might not be outrageous to say this is the most important game of the season for CG.If he wins ,the 0-4 monkey is off his back not to mention SOMETHING must have gone very right to have won.The confidence could give us a chance to go 3-1 in first 4.
Needless to say a loss-"wudbebad".So how much is the $ investment worth to go early.?

Definitely need to go ASAP and get a couple of workouts in just to settle the altitude question.
Flying in the day before sounds foolish.

Cost is the big factor. At 4500 feet, that is getting up there, but I don't see that Provo's altitude is enough to take to serious acclimation. A day (or 2 TOPS) should be plenty.

Of couse, I'd like to think that it was jet lag that caused us to lie down in the Fresno State game........

KICK BUTT!!!!!

BB: Anything we need to do to grab a win is necessary. I believe you hit on something important - going early, acclimation to the environment and focus.

Back