CTC

I was a trainer with the team when Tashard played. He was one of the nicest, most energetic, and passionate people I've met. You can't help but be happy when he's around.
When Geoff Collins leaves to be coach at Ohio State, Tashard Choice will be the head coach at Georgia Tech.

When Geoff Collins leaves to be coach at Ohio State, Tashard Choice will be the head coach at Georgia Tech.
giphy.gif

Don't be so quick to pack CGC away.

I think, based on family history, he really wants to be the Bobby Cremins of GT football.

Leaving GT did not work well for BC.

Collin's mentor was George O'Leary.

Leaving GT did not work well for GOL.

So leaving GT for a factory would mean going to the middle of some cornfield somewhere like Columbus, and no Waffle Houses and mama won't be happy and he won't be happy and... no reason to go anywhere when he has transformed Atlanta to the center of the football universe.

Last edited:

I think, based on family history, he really wants to be the Bobby Cremins of GT football.

So leaving GT for a factory would mean going to the middle of some cornfield somewhere like Columbus, and no Waffle Houses and mama won't be happy and he won't be happy and... no reason to go anywhere when he has transformed Atlanta to the center of the football universe.
"mama won't be happy" <---- This

Leaving GT did not work well for GOL.

If CGC builds Tech up to what we're capable of it will be hard to leave Atlanta. Sure, some of what he says is recruiting speak, but part of what he is fighting right now is lower expectations among even our own fans. Drink the juice

The whole board is gushing over what a great salesman CGC is - I’d say be weary of what he says in regards to wanting to stay at Tech. He’s trying to recruit us too, and saying that kind of thing is a good way to win allegiance whether it’s true or not.

That being said, I welcome the day when I have to worry about a factory poaching our HC.

The whole board is gushing over what a great salesman CGC is - I’d say be weary of what he says in regards to wanting to stay at Tech. He’s trying to recruit us too, and saying that kind of thing is a good way to win allegiance whether it’s true or not.

That being said, I welcome the day when I have to worry about a factory poaching our HC.
He has something to sell in Atlanta and Georgia Tech. There aren't many places with that good combo.

Exactly. If he's built us up to that point, it's going to be a very fun ride.

Brakes?

(Sorry, I know we all thought it).
Actually I didn't think that, though now that you point it out it seems obvious. I thought he meant they didn't take breaks during their workouts. I gotta admit I wasn't exactly able to follow what he was saying on the clip.

I went to the Humanitarian Bowl in Boise which was Tashard's last game at Tech. He was the only one on the sidelines trying to get the team pumped up.

interesting that he is working on ball security drills with DL and LB at 1:16.

Fair point, though I absolutely believe he was eyeing GT as his destination for a long time. Shoot, Temple fans figured he was leaving the day CPJ stepped down, apparently. That isn't to say there is no job he would ever take, but I think it is a short list, and may even be bama alone.

That said...wayyyy ahead of ourselves, obviously.

Baña isn’t a good job to take. Winning the national championship is expected and losing any game is a disappointment. Ideally you want to go into someplace with potential but underperforming.

Back