D Thomas Autopsy Results

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Former Georgia Tech receiver Demaryius Thomas' autopsy revealed he died from complications of a seizure disorder.

Doctor said that he had stage 2 CTE, but "there is not a direct relationship between (CTE) and the development of the seizure disorder.''

What does that mean? Is there an "indirect" relationship? CTE is a brain disorder, and seizure disorder is a brain disorder, and he just coincidentally happened to have both brain disorders after the auto accident?

Maybe. Could the CTE have been aggravated by the auto accident, and not all be attributable to football? Conversely, if he didn't already have CTE, would the accident have not triggered the seizures? So much that we don't understand about the brain.

But I guess nothing they could find would ease the grief for his family and friends anyway. Heck, I never knew the guy, but I was a big fan of the way he played AND the way he seemed to live his life with so much joy, and his way-too-early passing still makes me sad when I think about it.

I hope Tech does something special for his memory this coming season. Maybe they already announced something, and I missed it. IMO, it would be a damn shame not to honor him publicly somehow.

Was there already brain issues that caused the accident even?

Back