Dawg Football Players Caught WIth Drugs

this is the kind of crap that will keep them from repeating as SEC Champs. Tim Jennings was supposedly having the best spring camp of all the defensive players. i think a 2 game suspension sounds about right for misdemeanor marijuana charges though. it's more than just a slap on the wrist and if they do it again, they should either miss the entire year or be kicked off the team.

At first I figured UGA had scheduled Northwestern Sisters of the Poor and Bajou State for their first 2 games with these guys in reality just missing something less than an intrasquad scrimmage. But then I looked and see they open with Clemson before Middle Tenn State. So at least they are being benched for one real game vs. Clemson. I'll give em credit for that.

*cough* typical *cough*

They must have finally found that stash that Jasper left on the sidelines.
lightningzap.gif

The UGA basketball program fiasco, the UGA baseball season, and now this. I guess the old saying is true: when it rains, it pours.

laugh.gif

I've heard that the UGA coaching staff are real "HIGH" on these players !

Originally posted by Downeastjacket:
Maybe these players were trying to understand the meaning of "BUZZ".
tongue.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Obviously, they found it and "got hammered"!!!
drinking.gif
wink.gif

Originally posted by Y Jacket:
At first I figured UGA had scheduled Northwestern Sisters of the Poor and Bajou State for their first 2 games with these guys in reality just missing something less than an intrasquad scrimmage. But then I looked and see they open with Clemson before Middle Tenn State. So at least they are being benched for one real game vs. Clemson. I'll give em credit for that.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The thing is, Northwestern State gave Ugag more of a game than we did last year.
pat.gif

The way I look at it, getting a full ride entails some responsibility, much like a "job." If I get were to get caught smoking M.J. at my place of employment, I would be fired on the spot. This also applied to the job I had when I was 18-19. So, the kids will be kids argument doesn't hold too much water for me, either.

Hey TIAR, B:

At this point your name cracks me up hysterically. :-)

hey sfalco .. i'm glad that you are "cracked" up just like your esteemed university's football players are .. get it??

get it?? "crack" .. get it??

bwahahahahha

lol .. no no no .. we MAY be the kettle .. but the pot .. those five football players man .. they had the pot! get it??

"pot"! get it??

bwahahahahahahahaaaaa

oh man! sfalco dude .. ur tooo much .. and so are your esteemed university's fine "Student" athletes

hey .. combine my last two "cracks" at UGetA and what do we get sfalco?? we get you!! "crack" + "pot" = sfalco .. get it???

get it?? &lt;nudging with elbow&gt;
wink.gif

huh? what are you talking about man? what part of this thread do you not understand? you're trying to overanalyze .. don't tax your pea brain

Over-analyze? Actually, the point I made was pretty basic and simple. And please don't use the word "tax" so recently after 4/15. My bank account still hurts.

when something bad happens to the UGetA program, Tech fans will revel. we will criticize and we will make fun of you guys. it's called a rivalry .. hello .. knock knock .. anyone there?

Ofcourse it is. I have usually approached the UGA / GT rivalry and situations such as the current one quite humorously but usually got biting responses from the GT contingent.

I guess they don't find my usual jokes as humorous as I do because they are stuck on the losing end of the rivalty so often. You, on the other hand, are an exception. You still have your humor.

you have a few choices as a UGetA supporter at these times..

a) bring up your recent two years of football success over us. 51-7.

No need for me to bring up the recent 2 year run and 51-7. I'm sure you recall it daily. The point is just understood; a part of life.

b) bring up the fact that our program didn't do well last year.

See response to a) above

c) bring up similar incidents that happened to tech football players

Did that above in the links

d) suck it up

Maybe....Nah, it just wouldn't be as fun.

e) humor urself with the situation

As previously mentioned, I have done so. I just get so usd to the non-humorous attacks on me that I immediately went into serious mode. Thanks for reminding me.

go ahead .. remind us of the horrible defeat we suffered at your hands. then rib us with our bad season. then bring up dope incidents that tech players had. lol. we've been through that before and we'll have to put up with it.

As mentioned before, it goes without saying.

part d .. instead of jumping and defending your university as a reflex .. understand that rivals will always give you a hard time when you drop ur pants in public. dont whine like a crybaby man.

Show me where I was whining aslike a crybaby opposed to merely responding to a comment. It's not like I started something like an, oh, I don't know...online petition to protest and whine about the unequal AJC coverage of my school's athletic endeavors.

part e .. find some humor in it. you didn't pass that dope around. you don't condone it. you know this happens almost everywhere. gingerbreadmutt posted a humorous thread on the hive about this incident. take a chill pill.

Point taken.

and for heaven's sake .. don't make posts about cracking up and pot/kettle .. LOL. that opens up lanes for obnoxious jerks like me.

Then it wouldn't be as fun for you now would it? :-)

now why am i counselling you? get outta ma face!

If I were in your face you certainly would have had the time to rattle of such a lengthy response. Your "conseling" is kind of like oofering me free advice on how to chew my food. Humorous yet completely useless.

Thanks for playing. Here's your Turtle wax and home version of the game. Goodbye.

--------------------
GOO JACKETS .. BUST THEIR ASS

By the way...you can hold the cracks at grammatical correctness and punctuation. I'm sorry but I don't tend to trerat my postings on this message board like an exit thesis for a phd.

Originally posted by sfalco:
By the way...you can hold the cracks at grammatical correctness and punctuation. I'm sorry but I don't tend to trerat my postings on this message board like an exit thesis for a phd.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">who made any fun about ur grammatical mistakes and punctuation in this thread? i didn't find any example of that.

you know about exit theses?? don't tell me that UGetA actually hands out PhDs to students .. they do??? wow!

tsk tsk .. UGetA fans get so touchy when they are on the defensive end.

commode door mutt got touchy in his wonderlic thread .. now you get touchy in this thread ..

you guys sure know how to dish it out .. but you don't know how to take it.

where are you whining??

So ylojk8, you are saying that it is ok to criticize and make jokes at the expense of UGA in regards to this drug issue when GT has had similar incidents over the past few years?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">wah wah .. don't make fun of my esteemed university's fine "student" athletes .. wah wah wah .. you do the same thing waaaaaah sniff sniff .. i will go tell mommy

LOL

hey if you don't want tech fans to bother you about your fine "student" athletes .. just stop frequenting these boards. don't complain about it.

Originally posted by sfalco:
So ylojk8, you are saying that it is ok to criticize and make jokes at the expense of UGA in regards to this drug issue when GT has had similar incidents over the past few years?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">In my opinion, on this board, the answer is yes.. it is OK to make jokes at the expense of Georgia.. if someone doesnt like it, there is always the Dawgvent... I have never understood why Dawgs like to hang out on Tech boards so much...

Back