DB and the new HC

oldfoggy

Dodd-Like
I am beginning to feel very uneasy with DB and his search for a new HC. I remember Carson, Pepper, and BL. I don't think at my age i can live through another of the above mentioned HC's. Recruiting is now probably hurting and that will show up maybe not next year but for the following years. If DB is a man he will tell the committe this is our man and go with or live or die with him. Don't tell me there are HC's that wouldn't jump at the chance to be the head man at Tecg.

I am with you Fog. I have felt that this has been handled poorly for the past few days. I think part of the reason is our new coach is still coaching in NFL (JR) along w/ our new DC (Mincin), and they wanted this team to complete this season w/ this coaching staff.

Even if the JR was announced today as the hire, they would not fire all the assistants before the bowl. There's not enough time for that. The assistants we have in place today are going to remain with the team through the bowl regardless of what happens. To me, that's not the reason a coach has not been announced. If it is, it's a poor reason.
BTW, I guess you're assuming that JR is the hire. Do you know this for sure? Just wondering.

I DONT KNOW anything for sure, but I think their is probably 75% chance that is going to be JR. I even heard that Taaffe may remove his name. I hope I am wrong I feel Taaffe is the better candidate.

And I AGREE that is a pretty lousy reason to not annouce the new head coach.

But if you assume that it is JR then the NFL is still going and he is going to be taking the Giants DL coach too.

I imagine there is a certain amount of loyalty to Fossil and since he would be losing at least 2 coaches so to put it off til 12-27 would be better for the Giants.

I SAY AGAIN I do not think this is being handled properly, but this is in my opinion their rationale.

AND AGAIN like I have said before maybe Braine has some PLAN that I am not privy to and he has everything under control.
bash.gif

Back