dedrick mills - interesting observations that suggest perfect b back

79tech

Damn Good Rat
Dedrick Mills will sign a free agent deal with the Detroit Lions.

RB Dedrick Mills is signing with the #Lions
— NFL Unlimited (@NFLUnlimited) May 1, 2021

Mills was Nebraska’s lead running back over the 2019 and 2020 season. As a junior, he amassed 745 yards on 143 rushes, averaging 5.2 yards per rush. He was limited by injuries as a senior, but managed to finish the 2020 season strong. He played in six games and started in five. He had 84 carries, 396 rushing yards and three touchdowns, averaging 66.0 rushing yards per game. He also had 13 receptions for 86 yards.

It feels a little like the situation Devine Ozigbo found himself in following the 2018 season. Big guy, bruising guy, started catching it out of the backfield at the tail end of his career, and upon declaring for the draft, teams wanted to see him on the clock. Mills focused a lot of his training on quickness drills and catching the football, working on sideline catches and toe drags. Mills worked on his patience while at Nebraska, but admitted he’s a one-cut kind of guy and “sometimes I can get kinda anxious and just go.” Still, he’s made strides to become an attractive NFL tailback.

Now he will have a chance with the Lions to show off that speed and hopefully earn a spot on the roster.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Best of luck to him, but he's just too injury prone.

Not sure what your point is about a B Back. That's ancient history.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
It is a worshipped totem for the shrine of alleged fans who think the Triple Option will B Back at Georgia Tech during their lifetimes.
So the guys who read the Gospel of Pawl?

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
After the bowl game with Mills and Marshall having five years of eligibility left between them I could not imagine our not getting ready for two exceptional seasons. CPJ mishandled these two. He clearly preferred Mills - he was the B-back he wanted. But, he could not get through to him and keep him on the team. Marshall clearly felt under appreciated. At least three times I remember him having great rushing games and all CPJ could do was complain about his blocking. CPJ could be stubborn - Marshall suffered because media and fans questioned Johnson about him not getting more attention and playing time.

79tech

Damn Good Rat
Some of you are kind of sensitive - just an observation and I hope he does well - I loved watching his toughness against the dawgs and others - Marshall was tough as well but fumbled some - mills hung on to the ball and in his short time was one of my favorites of all time. I'm not sure he will be a good pro because he truly tried to truck everybody and I don't know if that will work in the pros. I wouldn't call him shifty.

Last edited:

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Waived. I dunno if he’ll be claimed to a 53-man roster but he’s a practice squad player for sure.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Was he good at recruiting it though? We won the Orange Bowl with a converted QB at B-back.
This is an old old thread, Maybe I shouldn’t have resurrected it, but I just wanted to give a Mills update because he looked really good in the preseason, not re-open stale arguments. You’re free to do as you please though.