Demetris Robertson decision coming [after LOI deadline]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked with UGA forestry guys, and ag guys, and landscape architects, and they generally knew their öööö.

UGA has a legit ag department.

The rest of it's trash, but their ag department is tops.

I know a few UGA landscape architects. The two I know best had crap jobs and got masters degrees (one M.Arch and one MBA) from GT to make some money.

It's Thursday.
14fac6461db02c6274088fbc4ccd6dd5.gif

UGA has a legit ag department.

The rest of it's trash, but their ag department is tops.

Actually, it's not as good as it once was. OSU, aTm, LSU, OU, UF, and others have over taken it by a pretty wide margin. Their Ag Ed program, which should be tops considering the amount they invest in extension and 4-H, is an absolute joke and they are getting left behind in the growing discipline areas such as soil science, sustainable ag systems, and general agronomy. The only areas they are actually doing well in, forestry and turf grass, are primarily successful due to with their UGA-Tifton campus and its relationship with ABAC.

Has anyone ever actually worked with, known one, or ever even seen a real live UGAg engineer?
I trained with a guy who was an Engineering major at Ugay and then he changed his major.. I guess it was too hard.[emoji38]

Let's be real for a second.

This kid is struggling to get a 1500 on the 3 part SAT. The average incoming GT student for this upcoming class has an average of almost 1500 on the 2 part, and over 2000 on the 3 part.

UGA academics are more his speed.

Who is this guy and why is there a 42 page thread on a dude that probably isn't coming here anyway?

I knew a guy who went to UGA and Southern Poly for Civil Engineering. I'm not sure which he graduated from.

He, well, struggled very much with the EIT. I don't want to hold it against him, since he put a lot of effort, but, uh, yeah.

He, well, struggled very much with the EIT. I don't want to hold it against him, since he put a lot of effort, but, uh, yeah.

They should make all engineering graduates take the FE exam immediately after college. If you fail a single time, you should be permanently banned from practicing engineering. If a single college has students pass rate below 75%, the school should lose ABET accreditation.

For reference, NCEES has GT's pass rate at 92%, Georgia Southern at 79%, uGA at 65%

Engineering graduates who actually do engineering are a minority. Their job title might be engineer, but they're really not doing any engineering.

Let's be real for a second.

This kid is struggling to get a 1500 on the 3 part SAT. The average incoming GT student for this upcoming class has an average of almost 1500 on the 2 part, and over 2000 on the 3 part.

UGA academics are more his speed.

A few years ago when they released the report on d1 athletes' SAT scores by school, there was only 1 school in the entire country whose football players averaged over a 1000 on the 2 part SAT (roughly equivalent to 1500 on 3 part). If he's anywhere close to a 1500, he's above average for a d1 football player. I don't think we should be turning up our noses at him, especially since his score is pretty average for a GT football player.

BTW, that 1 school with an average over 1000 was Georgia Tech, if you aren't familiar with the study. LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back