Dems..Please confirm this....

Yeah, but we never got a why did we? I'm just curious as to why he is not being considered when he seems to be such an obvious candidate.

Couple of reasons but I'm guessing here (And PJ was my favorite candidate for awhile)
1.) His buyout was too large for us and we felt that money could be used on some top level assistants.
2.) He did not express interest when contacted.

#2 has obviously changed for some reason. There was a time (2 years ago) that I know if the job was available, PJ would have been interested. Someone told me he was friends with Gailey and didn't want to follow him, but I don't believe that.

Cutcliffe has contacted GT about the job opening.

Charlie Strong will possibly be interviewed as well.

this is my favorite part of your post. these are the best candidates, in my opinion of the ones that have been mentioned

Edsall is close behind them, IMO

I don't see Cutcliffe as that great of a candidate. Good with quarterbacks, yes, but not such a hot head coach.

Cutcliffe got jobbed by Ole Miss and they paid for it.

They replaced a guy who could coach but not recruit with a guy who could recruit but not coach... and we saw what happened. Orgeron was playing with a lot of Cutcliffe recruits so that may tell some of the story, but they could have addressed the recruiting difficulties in other ways.

I would love to have Cutcliffe's offensive mind/QB knowledge on our staff but he isn't the energetic candidate D-Rad supposedly wants and can't recruit (altho if Giff stays...). Don't see it happening.

this is my favorite part of your post. these are the best candidates, in my opinion of the ones that have been mentioned

Edsall is close behind them, IMO

Its amazing the varying degrees of opinion. I think Cutcliffe would do no better than Gailey and isn't all that exciting. Ole Miss is an easier school to coach at than GT and he never really made the most of that.

I wanted Charlie Strong in 2001 when we hired Gailey but I don't know if I want him now only because he's been such a hot coaching name for 5 years, obviously something is missing if he hasn't been offered a job.

I like the idea of going with a very young coach who can excite the fans and inspire the players.

Its amazing the varying degrees of opinion. I think Cutcliffe would do no better than Gailey and isn't all that exciting. Ole Miss is an easier school to coach at than GT and he never really made the most of that.

I wanted Charlie Strong in 2001 when we hired Gailey but I don't know if I want him now only because he's been such a hot coaching name for 5 years, obviously something is missing if he hasn't been offered a job.

I like the idea of going with a very young coach who can excite the fans and inspire the players.

On 790, somebody said that Charlie Strong is known for "not being the first to show up at work in the morning." He seemed to know more than one insider lukewarm about him.

This is also my 1000th post, so I'll add Orson Swindle's hot girl from Uruguay making coffee for good measure.

18608204.jpg

Wow, I'd like to wake up to the smell of that coffee every morning! Add a little sugar and cream and....well, I better stop.

ok guys.......

I think we got 3 guys to be heavily looking at now. Probably be finishing up the rest of the interviews this weekend or early next week.

Dont necessarily believe that he has to have former ties to Dan like many people think.

I think we also have 2 as back up candidates- both would be fine with me.

All 5 I believe are good coaches and would be a good choice IMO.

ok guys.......

I think we got 3 guys to be heavily looking at now. Probably be finishing up the rest of the interviews this weekend or early next week.

Dont necessarily believe that he has to have former ties to Dan like many people think.

I think we also have 2 as back up candidates- both would be fine with me.

All 5 I believe are good coaches and would be a good choice IMO.

Can you tell us if Jimbo is one of the 3?

Back