Deon Hill Out?

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Heard he had some kind of surgery. Don't know what kind? Something minor or is he out?

Showed some promise last year. More than any of the other options back there, at least. Would hate to see him sitting on the sidelines again this year.

I thought the same thing about him last year, and I remember he had health issues that kept him out a lot. Hoping it's nothing serious and would love to see him get more PT this year.

I believe I read that he has Crohn's Disease. I don't know if the surgery is connected to that or not, though.

It was announced September of 2013 that he had been diagnosed with it. He has been battling ever since.

Crohns sucks. I thought if it was properly managed, though, you could still do sports.

I hope he hasn't needed surgery. Playing A-Back in our offense takes guts. ... what? Seriously, I wish him all the best, and CPJ reportedly said they are expecting him back ready to go in the Fall. God's Speed, Deon!

All the best to Deon and I hope he makes a full recovery. That being said, is it my imagination or do we seem to lose more than our fair share of players to medical issues that aren't exactly "run of the mill"? It just seems that almost every year since Greg Gathers left with his kidney ailment, we have been stuck on repeat.

Crohn's is pretty serious. Dunno how he can manage it and still play. Good luck to him.

It is different for everyone. Management is a challenge, and flare-ups sometimes come when it chooses, not what is convenient for you.

Some people can have life-threatening Crohns and still maintain weight. Others, prolly most others, have a hard time keeping a healthy weight on. And as for football weight... Hill's dietician has a challenge.

Back