Did anybody else see UGA player....

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
put BOTH hands on defender's shoulders to help elevate him to make that catch? In turn, that holds defender down. Why is that not a penalty?
Awbern did not appear from what I could see to argue it so maybe I am wrong. Am I? Or is that just another lucky break?
confused.gif
wtf.gif

From what I saw, there were several "lucky breaks" in that game. Not the least of which was Auburn's DB tripping on the coverage on the go-ahead 4th down TD.

I can't recall a team with so many "lucky breaks" all season as UGAG. (although Ohio State is a close second).

Bizzy....I saw exactly what you are referring to.
Just another example of incompetance or ignorance,
or turning of the head, or gutlessness. This year is the worst for referring I have seen in my 44 years of watching/playing football. Will anything be done............NO.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The dawgs have obviously been dipped. Their supporters are among the dirtiest in NCAAF. Check 'em out in two weeks time. On a level field we beat these mutts. They know it. It won't be.

As much as it hurts to say, the dogs are for real with an excellent coach. It would take alot of UGA turnovers for a Suggs-led Tech team to win.
BOO

I saw the same thing. Don't know why the announcers didn't mention it or we didn't see any Aubie complaints in the news. Maybe the AJC paid off the referees so that there lead-in story last Fridat about Richt fixing his end of game play-calling would look good. I'm sure they weren't happy when he followed up the "Mastremind" headline with losing to Zook and UF.

Cycle, remember when J. Sanks fumbled and we won game? Roy Kramer sanctioned the official, I think just one maybe the whole crew! Intimidation comes into play with the refs at UGA games now esp. on that play. It is a shame.

This thread is a laugh riot. Johnson had his hands briefly on the guys back but no contact that approached warranting a flag. You seem to forget that GT stole the 98 and 99 UGA games via botched ACC and SEC officiating. Al Ford and his Keystone Cops should have been suspended for that kind of breakdown. Don't let your dislike for UGA distort your perspective or memory.

He touched him but I think the defender was already falling backwards before the receiver put his hands on him. Therefore, you can't claim the receiver gained an advantage when the defender was already falling on his own.

I think that is why it wasn't called. Also, the slow motion makes it look worse than it was. I don't think he pushed on him too hard. The refs were letting them play on a crucial play and that is the way it should be. Unless there is something completely obvious done on the final play, you don't let the refs determine the outcome of a game.

Yes. It's all a conspiracy. The refs are in cahoots with the UGA coaching staff and athletic department. We are 10-1 because of the refs. All refs love UGA and are constantly cheating for UGA. We should really be 1-10 right now if the refs called games fairly.

Originally posted by MeLuvUgaLongTime:
This thread is a laugh riot. Johnson had his hands briefly on the guys back but no contact that approached warranting a flag. You seem to forget that GT stole the 98 and 99 UGA games via botched ACC and SEC officiating. Al Ford and his Keystone Cops should have been suspended for that kind of breakdown. Don't let your dislike for UGA distort your perspective or memory.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Or the interference call in '97... surely you are not too young to remember that one as well.. or did you just decide to conveniently omit?

MeLuv,

I agree that '99 was a bad call (however there were also some very poor calls against us in that game that may have prevented you guys from ever having a chance) and that to imply a conspiracy theory on the refs is foolish.

However, your disdain for Tech must have clouded your vision as well. I assume the call you are referring to in '98 was the Joe fumble. A quick review of the film will show you that while the ball is sitting on the ground it is touched by a player who is out of bounds. That immediately makes the ball dead and thus Tech retains control. End of story.

Also, I suppose we won't bring up the phantom PI call in '97 that won you guys the game.

Back